Website suggestions / issues

Clive

So.... how does 'Reputation' work? Are we going to have little 'plus/minus' buttons next to folks' names? 👹

15 hours ago, admin said:

@Hutch Membership renewals and subscriptions are causing the hold up. We need to be certain it works as intended, but taking an off the shelf solution and making it work with all the quirks of Club Triumph hasn't been easy. 

Ah the ninety-ninety rule  rule strikes again, every time, every project 😅

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Seems to be impossible to create a signature?  I know how to do it on Sideways, which is basically the same software, the facility simply isn't available here?  Intentional?  Or not?

Hi Nick, yea it's a setting that's not been enabled yet. I've added it to the list to make sure it doesn't get missed when this site/forum is properly launched 👍

Regarding Signatures, I think we'll create some guidelines and encourage people not to make the signature too tall/big, with some tips on using a little formatting to make them smaller (font styles etc).

I think I'll try and encourage people to put them in a table so they can occupy more horizontal space than vertical. Not great on mobile so need to do some tests. 

It's good we can turn them off on a per-user basis too. Some people hate them, some love them. I find I 'kind of like' them most of the time 🙂

Edited by Hutch

2 hours ago, Hutch said:

Regarding Signatures, I think we'll create some guidelines and encourage people not to make the signature too tall/big

Good plan! 

Maybe a word limit..?! Being able to switch them on/off is a neat feature as long as people are aware of it.

Pete

Hi Folks,

my first post on the new system. I've added a pic of me.

This is not a criticism but an observation.

The whole forum layout is rather clunky at present (early days). 

Will it be broken down into car groups to make finding relevant issues more direct? - something like the old system. 

Do we really need all the overly larger advertising?

Roger

1 hour ago, Hogie said:

Hi Folks,

And a handsome fellow you are too, sir.

It's all a bit new and will take a bit of use before we're all comfortable with it.

It is similar to other forums which will be an advantage to those who are on them but it is so much better than it's predecessor.

I think we'll grow into this format and perhaps return to having fun on the Forum.

Jim.

Edited by McJim Too

8 hours ago, Hogie said:

Hi Folks,

This is not a criticism but an observation.

The whole forum layout is rather clunky at present (early days). 

Will it be broken down into car groups to make finding relevant issues more direct? - something like the old system. 

Do we really need all the overly larger advertising?

Roger

The reduced number of "sections" is a conscious decision. With just about every car sharing the majority of parts or construction with other models it means questions are more likely to get answered. And we realise not everything will suit everybody, but we are not returning to having nearly 60 sections, most of which were very rarely used (some have been untouched for 2 years)

Adverts are part of the club income so yes, are required. Size depends partly on what device you are using to view the website.

The good things about the new website are obviously speed, plus the ease of use.