All RBRR crews may like to know that Club championship points were up for grabs for the first time.

This is because of the super work by Tim getting MSA approval for the first time so we will award championship points.

These are for all CT members taking part and are awarded as follows.

1 point for entering and making the start.
2 more points for completing the event (this means visiting all controls)
1 final extra bonus point of the car used had caompleted an RBRR on 10CR before.

As an example, I will receive 2 points (1 for entering and 1 for using a car that has been on RBRRs and 10CRs). I can't get the maximum 4 points as I missed out some controls.

In a few days I'll post the points awarded so that everyone gets a chance to correct the errors I will no foubt make!

Yes, co-drivers get the same points and -

All points awarded to the crews go to the car model too so you have helped the GT6 model in the championship ;)

All points awared to the crews go against the individual car too so your GT6 will now have a Club Triumph history of it's own ;)

OK - attached is the first session at this task.

I will do 10 cars at a time so I don't go batty ::)

Please let me know if I have made any errors - politely if possible :-/

Chris, I am really unsure how to award points for you having started in the car you entered but then completed (?) in a different one.

As for you Mr Chinn ::)

Oh bugger, that's me out of the running then. Iv'e been in the habit of doing these things in a different car every time. Can't I get a point for dragging some lame Triumph out of long term storage (Stag 12 years!) and bunging it back on the road? I'm not happy unless I'm working to a silly deadline (Raider you know all about that). Is this the end of Stretched Heralds and the like, am I to be penalised for wanting to be differant (T.I.C).

Martin: Much as we intended to take the estate for which you have awarded us points, we took Paddington (PSD105H mk2 2.5PI). But apart from that the points are OK, unfortunately! We'd like additional points for the same reason as Dave though: Paddington's last MOT was some time in the early 1980s and he got round no probs...

This is a photo of the estate, perhaps to confirm we didn't take it!

Acclaims my arse (takes cover!) next time you come over RBRR'ing bring some of your Triumph driving mates and take the Stretch out for an airing. Only don't be tempted to invite the Chinn, we haven't fixed it yet from the last time he drove it. Hmm thinks, Jason has yet to enter a CT event in his own motor (he keeps breaking em), perhaps we should build him a 'special'? A Dolly Dodgem maybe?

[quote by=canleyclassics link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160426556,s=16 date=1160670057]

The Proacclaimer's will be using the bricks to break your nads if you keep that up.[/quote]

The Proacclaimers's didn't they have a record out? Went something like-

And I would drive 2000 miles just to prove that my car was faster, more reliable, blah blah..........................

Say what you will: but the Acclaim I was in finished and it was the car that we entered!  Acclaim 1 outhers 0.  The Limo? You know I want it.  Let's see: Room to sleep, auto tranny, will do 100mph, Hummmm.  Nasty around corners or to do the Round-Ah-Bought Shuffel.  Parking? Fuel? What you think all American's are RICH?  Dave, me thinks we shoud get together and find Jason a car he can't brake.  Jason did quite well with the big rig overhere so maby get him a Land Rover and put his clapped out engine in be back and he can run as a recovery Triumph?  Yea, you right he would brake that too!  Do you think a bumper car with a long cord? By the way on the M roads we seemed to pass more than passed us.

Me also thinks when Jason reads all of this I will be glad I live overhere!  Since I am in the market for Vetesse MKII me hates to think what Jason will do to it.  And no I am not RICH!

[quote by=canleyclassics link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160426556,s=10 date=1160665697]Acclaims my arse (takes cover!) next time you come over RBRR'ing bring some of your Triumph driving mates and take the Stretch out for an airing. Only don't be tempted to invite the Chinn, we haven't fixed it yet from the last time he drove it. Hmm thinks, Jason has yet to enter a CT event in his own motor (he keeps breaking em), perhaps we should build him a 'special'? A Dolly Dodgem maybe?[/quote]

Well actually we did manage to get around in my car without Jason breakingit, despite tha fct that he completed about half of the driving. It's probably due to the fact that my GT6 is used to me driving it and I likl to give it some stick so it's pretty used to being thrashed Chinn stylee :P

And there's me saying what nice chaps you all are over on another thread! Look, I don't break cars, I merely find out where the next improvements should be made - it's a service I offer free of charge!

What Pearson fails to mention is that he'd only just repaired the Stretch from a similar accident with him at the wheel :-)

Dolly bumper car - bring it on - I prefer the idea of a 1300 fwd with a Pony box to make it 4wd - throw that 70x in there and a couple of Webers and you got an ideal car - would need scaffold pole bumpers though!

I'll be back, bigger better and faster than before - until the next time it breaks :-)

Attached are the "results"

This is based on what the  club officially recognises as "finshers" but I have added Doug Foreman in as he started and therefore gets some points.

In a similar vein I have not awarded myself the full points as I personally don't count myself as a finisher - I didn't visit all controls :'(

Please PM me if you are missingor you see any errors

Archived