http://www.power-horse.com/

Energy drinks tend not to do much to me. Unless consumed with ludicrous amounts of vodka.
Or when I drink three cans in a row at work and start seeing faces on the back of vans that no-one else can see...  :B

I don't bother with "energy" drinks. If I'm awake I'm driving or navigating and if not I want to sleep. I don't want to not sleep because of any noxious substances in my system. I have enough trouble sleeping as it is. I can rarely sleep the first night out of sheer excitement!

This year I was surprised by the effect of daylight, I woke up fully on Sunday morning as soon as the sun rose.

I never eat much on the RBRR, I find too much food just makes me tired.

Without making a play for sympathy, the buck does stop with me for all aspects fo the event. This tends to make me apprehensive and I do not eat as much as I should. On the 10CR I eat like a pig!

Think I may have more than RBRR Belly. Might have RBRR Insomnia too. Got two hours sleep and woke at 1:30am this morning. Don't feel too bad, relatively speaking. There's talk of a bit of a drinking session later, oh dear it could get messy...  :B

Mrs Mc and I only take water, fruit, and the odd bar of choccy. I remember the first year when we found a coffee called Rocket Fuel, with stimulants in it. We had consumed a flask between us before JOG, and 'enjoyed' a couple of tins of Red Bull too. It kept us awake when we should have been resting. But one lady had consumed 2 litres of Asda's own brand Red Bull type muck, and two flasks of Rocket Fuel coffee, and she had uncontrollable shakes at JOG. Watching her chasing her breakfast around her plate at JOG was hilarious, and a little scary! (eek)(eek)(eek)(eek)
Nope, since then, just healthy stuff. Mrs Mc also now has a gluten and dairy allergy, so she also put in a batch of home made pasta salad while I enjoyed sarnies at Conon Bridge.

• 1 year later...

Oldie but goldie.
Dr windy-pants not evident in the GT6 mk1- a Redbull and Proplus free zone for the w.e. :)
Meal at The Plough Friday, ;) Breakie at JoG, light snack at Tebay, breakie at LE.

Aside from some biscuits at the stops and cereal bars on the hoof , that was it. Sleep when you need to, don't want or need any Redbull rubbish coursing through your veins.

Oh, Roy did force feed me some Lemon Sherbets and mints, but that was medicinal...