I was still awake at 1am Monday morning due to too many cans of KX energy drink. The jelly babies I took didnt affect me much as I spilt most of them all over the foor of the car anyway!

As for the cakes, I didn't even know there where any at Gledrid as I was faffing about with the car, (Dave told me after we had left when he had already scoffed two!) and at Pimperne I limited myself to one while Dave plate reminded me of Ben Nevis that we had passed on the Saturday. ;D

ajp wrote:
Homer had a few "issues" around Lancaster to Lands end causing a can of Lynx deodorant to be inserted into his anus by his team mates

If I understand your meaning  ;) why didn't you insert a rubber tube and link it to the carb to improve fuel consumption?

Meal at the Plough.
Breakfast at J-o-G( :)).
Rolls at Conon Bridge + apple.
Bag of crisps at Lancaster(salt intake).
Cup cake at Gledrig- cheers Roy!
Breakfast at Cornwall( :)).
Cakes galore at Pimperne.

Coffee at each stop and ocassional water. That was it, aside from dried mango slices( 8)) for a treat. No sugary shi#e or caffiene gut rotters. Fine and Dandy. :)

I'm with Tim on this one :).
Even in a 2 seater, I don't see the need for 'food' products that seem to be closer to the petro-chemical industry, than actual food. But in a 4+ seater, i'm at a loss as to why anyone succumbs to the slick advertising to: "Give to Wings". Bloomin' eck, just have a snooze in the back if you're tired! Quick power-nap is easily sufficient to re-charge the batteries.

timbancroft61 wrote:
1 packet of crisps on Friday
1 rasher of bacon and a fried egg at JOG
1 motorway sarnie and a pork pie at Lancaster
Small brekkie at Scorrier
Piece of cake (Victoria sponge) at Pimperne
4 or 5 cups of coffee otherwise.

Umm, a healthy diet!
No wonder you kept having to stop to sleep, your body was hungry and shutting down! I scoffed a huge breakfast of cereal, tea, toast, full English at JOG and same again at Scorrier. Other than that though I think it was tea, crisps and cake; less ideal. Would love a huge plate of food about Lancaster. In fact one year I recall eating a big meal there in the services at vast expence!

Can't really manage to sleep in the Vitesse so two nights out really hurts - Hence marshalling this year......
Have never used Red Bull, Pro-plus or even coffee on these events - they just make me feel really ill.  I have been know to use Lucozade sport and that works ok.  Other than that, just normal food where possible - full English breakfast seems to be pretty much ideal.  Had some really evil French cheese on the 10CR last year - that caused some fairly serious emissions problems!  
Interesting idea about piping the co-driver up to the engine and feeding them beans..... was thinking about lpg anyway.  Might want a flame trap though, exploding co-driver would be messy  :-/

Nick

All this talk of Red Bull and artificial stimulants makes me wonder if anyone else just eats sandwiches and fruit whilst drinking water / Pepsi max (or milk in John's case)? We were quite healthy in the Courier really, although we did enjoy a Scotch pie and I'm sure they aren't exactly natural!