I had a text from one of my sisters earlier this evening. Team 80 is actually my two sisters in a 1500HL Dolomite. Both RBRR first timers.
Elaine said she had a phonecall from someone called David asking how her prep was going and if she had any questions as she was a first time entrant. She explained that she was my sister and said to me via text 'it was a really nice thing to do and I'm sure that if I didn't know so much about it as I do, it would be very reassuring to speak to someone who knows'

So well done Dave Langrick, you have made my sister feel very welcome.

Colin

As another first timer I had a similar phone call from Dave about a week ago - also thought it was a very nice gesture to check on how us novices are getting on.  We (team 94) should be ok with ours, as a member of the SOC as well I have had help from other Stag owners and advice from SOC forum members.

Richard

Dave is part of the team that organises the RBRR for Club Triumph.

It was Dave's idea to call all new crews to discuss the event and it must be lauded.

Also, we are conscience that a lot of the people taking part know each other and really do not wish new crews to feel excluded in any way. as far as we are considered everyone taking part is important to the running of the event. Its a Club event that is run by CT members for other CT members.

I have known or known of Dave for 16 years now and it must be said that apart from Derek Pollock(the originator of the RBRR back in 1966), he is by far the RBRR's biggest advocate. Also, its a pleasure to work with him, top bloke.

I've known Dave for much less time Tim and don't know him that well, but I had a feeling it was his idea.
As I said it made my sister feel very welcome and that's why (as she isn't a forum user) that I thought it was worth noting in public, well done Dave (clap)(clap)(clap)

Colin

As a first timer, I too had a call from Dave. A very nice man indeed, and it made me feel both at ease with the organisation and also enthused about the event!

2 weeks to go and I still have a little tinkering to do on the old bus, but I'm sure it will all be fine in the end.  :)

Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Tom.

good afternoon to all in this thread above.
Firstly , I did not read this thread until last night - after I got back from Gaydon so my apologies to all but especially Colin , Elaine and Linsey - for my apparent ignorance in not thanking you yesterday.
Tim did mention it to me last week but it slipped my mind to follow it up and look.

I would just like to express my sincere thanks for the kind comments in the Thread and yesterday - it was good to talk to all of you and as I said at the meeting I feel we have a good standard of new entries for this years Run.
Andy - in reply- the Injector leads are no longer stored on the wheelarch I'm afraid - I think they are still in stock here though - I will dig them out prior to the run and hide them in the Car somewhere :)
One thing I didn't mention yesterday whilst up was to say that all the Forums,  Blogs and posts show the regular entrants have once again all put in long hours and /or a lot of cash in order to make sure their cars are once again fit and raring to go .
I am sure all the new crews will be impressed by some of the  regular cars on this event that you may not have seen before. A  few of them are highly developed  over many years of Participating in the RBRR and do not -ahem - hang about.

If ANY car does suffer from problems it will certainly not be through lack of effort on your part.
That's all for now. Back to the Decorating - The Spare Room - before my co driver flies in from France next week!
See you all with your cars in good order at the Plough. :)
Dave Langrick.
Car # 4 - Nottingham.

[quote=david_langrick)
Firstly , I did not read this thread until last night - after I got back from Gaydon so my apologies to all but especially Colin , Elaine and Linsey - for my apparent ignorance in not thanking you yesterday.
[/quote]

Didn't think that at all Dave, just wanted to highlight to anyone who wanted to read it, what a great idea it was to ring the new drivers and how well the call had been received by one of those new drivers. An inspired idea and worth doing again in my opinion.

Colin.

[quote=CRAJ]

david_langrick)
[/quote wrote:

Didn't think that at all Dave, just wanted to highlight to anyone who wanted to read it, what a great idea it was to ring the new drivers and how well the call had been received by one of those new drivers. An inspired idea and worth doing again in my opinion.

Colin.

Agreed

Richard

• 2 weeks later...