Who is in charge of this stop, and from which directions will they be coming from?

Just it looks like I shall still be in the country this weekend, and hence I plan to pop over and wave people on at Edinburgh. A lack of transport is a minor issue however, getting there should not be a problem but getting home may involve a lengthy cycle ride!!

However, if there is any chance of a marshal/spectator etc passing in my vague direction with a spare seat in a car, I would appreciate imposing upon their kindness! I am thinking of anyone using the M8 really here (or A71 or A89, though these may be less likely!!).

Cheers,

Phil

timbancroft61 wrote:
Nice to meet you Brookster.

Thanks for manning the gate!

Ah, so it was you on the gate!

Tim, suggestion for 2014.

Can you arrange big signs to hang round peoples necks with their names on.

I could at least greet Chris Sherrington by name up at Edinburgh, he now being so well known. (aren't his hands absolutley enormous, I have no idea how he gets them up behind the dash of teh car)

Cheers

Colin

Fraid so Colin, for the first half of the allotted time anyway, I shared the duties with a gentleman called Nick (he had the rather nice TR3 sat at the top end of the parking area).

Tim - no worries, hopefully in future if I am around I shall be able to forewarn people when my assistance is available, but I was not certain if I was going to be there this year until pretty much the last minute.

Thoroughly enjoyed the night, I second Colin's call for some sort of ID system, I knew a few guys from Stoneleigh but a lot went unrecognised! Turns out I spoke to Andy Cook, Richard Brake and few others and never knew who they were!! Not counting the number of people I passed though the barrier!!

Cheers,

Phil

Sory I didn't say hi to you, Phil. I was looking out to see if I could spot someone who could be you and Chris and didn't. Now I know you were the guy opening the barrier, I still wouldn't recognise you! ;D

This is the car I was in, I was on the back seat;

thebrookster wrote:

Thoroughly enjoyed the night, I second Colin's call for some sort of ID system, I knew a few guys from Stoneleigh but a lot went unrecognised! Turns out I spoke to Andy Cook, Richard Brake and few others and never knew who they were!! Not counting the number of people I passed though the barrier!!

Tim

I know what we need.

Big numbers on the sides of the cars.

That will help everyone recognise us.

;)

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

thebrookster wrote:
I knew a few guys from Stoneleigh but a lot went unrecognised! Turns out I spoke to Andy Cook, Richard Brake and few others and never knew who they were!!

Sorry Phil, I didn't know who you were either or I would have had more of a chat.  :B

We need "Forum Name Badges" for these events  ;D

Richard_B wrote:

Sorry Phil, I didn't know who you were either or I would have had more of a chat.  :B

We need "Forum Name Badges" for these events  ;D

I agree, I was trying to match people to their blog pictures. Trouble is all the blog pictures must have been taken at least 20 years ago when we all had hair, no beer bellies etc etc   ;D ;D

Yep,

I didn't realise I'd spokebn to Phil either!   It would help to have name badges, I used to be in a web based Mini Club which used to rganise runs out, one of the members used to make up name badges with forum names and distribute them out...

I did instantly recognise Chris Sherrington whne I spoke to him and Zoe at Edinburgh, but then he has had a little bit of fame in the laost few months  ;) Plus the team GB hoodie helped identify him as well!

Richard - I think we briefly said hello, you were busy trying to get yourself and your daughters moving, so I left it that, rather than waste your time introducing myself :)

Cook1e - I was stood with Chris when you asked him to sign the photo ;)

And Excuse Me, Mr Weaver, but I will have you know that I at least still have hair, and certainly do not have a beer belly! (Though granted my hair is not as vivid as it used to be!)

To be Honest with you all, I deliberately didn't wander around trying to introduce myself to people, on the basis that people were quite busy. I am fully intending on doing some more events when I can, be they as a participant or a helper, so I'll no doubt meet you all again under better circumstances!

Cheers,

Phil

thebrookster wrote:

Beer? I can drink incredible quantities, and love a good real ale! Just that I have been blessed with a nice trim body that does not suffer the usual side effects of heavy consumption  ;) :P ;)

That's what we said many years ago, just wait, give it time, soon be no hair and a pot belly

Goody wrote:
Just note you all are lucky as if we could drink on the run their would be NO BEER left for the rest of you!  

Always amazes me, this business of hard-drinking Americans.

I have tried several of your "beers" that are available in the UK, and if you guys can actually drink it in serious quantities, I doff my cap to you!!

However Goody, if you want something challenging, we need to find a pub selling Jennings Sneck Lifter on tap. That'll rock you of your feet!