Drivers Briefing Date?

Was going to PM him, but then thought everyone should see his response - hence the forum question. My diary is getting a bit full in August already so I want to make sure I leave a few days clear, hopefully around the right period even if the exact date is not set yet

:BSome of us don't even know how to get to The Plough
Grid Ref Please.

Is there going to be a list of possible Rendezvous Points and time windows in which we may meet other cars? Can't think what my co-driver & I'll will talk about for four days solid.
Euro eyespy top 20
Suggestions as to best Euro Map ?

Suggestions as to best Euro Recovery? Or do Club Triumph do it like Philip Youngs Peking to Paris with full workshop sweep vehicle. I'd have thought Dave P could have made a good living following 60 odd old triumphs around Europe.

Yes as a 10CR and RBRR newbie I've lots of Q's - but as Jason suggests if nothing else we'll launch ( no doubt some will lunch ) have fun and hopefully come into land again without too much of a bump!

Neil,

E-mail your questions to me and I'll be happy to answer where poss. Ellis is mega busy at pres.so would struggle. I am sure most of your questions are similar to those that get raised about the RBRR. Any that are 10CR specific I will get Ellis to answer. I know that Ellis will be sending out lots of 10CR info in the next week or so.
Also he is going to organise a Drivers Meeting- poss either 2nd or 3rd week of August.

I am afraid that as the CT endurance events are run on a tight budget to keep entry costs down we cannot afford a sweep car.

Ellis is working dammed hard at pres. on the 10CR. Its amazing how quickly the time starts to go as the days count down- the week before one of these events is amazingly busy. This time next year I expect to be flat out on the RBRR!

Keep going Ellis!

He's a dedicated fellow old ellis- I would not be surprised to see him go over to Europe for this.

BTW Theo, one of my mates from work rang me up to tell me he was besides a Dutch registered metallic maroon TR7 DHC on the M1 near Leicester today, you been to blighty on the quiet?

I only asked the question as it is in the 10CR regulations:

"6        Drivers Meetings: A drivers meeting will be held approximately 2 weeks before the event. Exact details regarding location and time will be advised at a later date."

Ouch
That was a bit below the bumper!

Aye but I won't be trying to be faster than Raider  - he's not going.

Good news on the repair front  - car at the body shop and a brand new heritage bonnet about to go on. Thanks to Jason about pushing insurance - Footman James & Co couldn't have been more understanding.
Hopefully the nightmare might soon be allowed to become just another lesson on the very tightly winding road of Life.

timbancroft61 wrote:
...BTW Theo, one of my mates from work rang me up to tell me he was besides a Dutch registered metallic maroon TR7 DHC on the M1 near Leicester today, you been to blighty on the quiet?

Sadly not, I have been rather busy at work lately ...

Archived