How many different routes were taken the last day?

Andy Flexney

I am trying to find out how many different routes were taken on the last day of this year’s 10CR from Leutkirch to Roduc. If you took major deviations from the suggested route could you please spend 10 minutes and send me or post here an overview of the route you took? This will help in any future planning i.e. 2013 10CR

Thanks
Andy

I had a shortcut planned for the last few miles, straight from Aubel to Kerkrade instead of the long way round over Aachen.
So far for the plan  :X

As we left Innsbruck @ 11:30 on the Sunday morning we opted for the fastest route.
Into Germany over Füssen, and from there A7-A8-A5-A6-A61-A4 till close to the Dutch border.
Measured from Kempten (approx. same distance as Leutkirch) it took us 6hrs 45' to reach Rolduc.

At least 5 other teams took more or less the same route as we passed them on the A61 a few hours before Rolduc.

Took advised route, but somehow ended up in an apple orchard once we had come off the german motorway heading for pirmasans. Darren reckoned afterwards that is was not quite the advised route but it was a good one. Him or Colin may be able to be more specific. I think plenty others took that route also. I think it may have been the L548 into Winden then the 427 west through Bad Bergzabem

20 mins from kerkrade we hit the roadworks on the junction of the E40 and E314, missed the lane in the cones and ended up going east towards Cologne. Did a u-turn at the next junction only to miss the correct lanes in the cones again and ended up heading north towards Aldenhoven. So we cut off the next junction near Mirzbruck Airport and took the lanes through Birk and Herzogenrath into Kerkrade

We used the book route apart from a bit of unplanned detour at Pirmassens roadworks (flippin' sat-nav refuses to divert when its planned route is not available) and a bit of bother near to Kerkrade when further road works deranged the sat-nav again and caused it to have a stroke and start directing us up footpaths and the wrong way up one-way streets.  Lucky it was still light and Rolduc has a tall tower.......

Nick

We too took the gravel rally stage through the orchards. Except my miserable co-driver wouldn't let me give the TR a bit of stick.. :-)

It was basically cutting a corner off and some Sat-Nav's must have calculated it as a minute or 2 shorter. It was certainly more fun than the main road!

I know we set the sat nav for Rolduc direct at some point that day as we thought we were very late, we were actually one of teh first to arrive!

I'll try to work out where we diverted.

Cheers

Colin

Archived