My First Track Day!!!!

Halfpint

After wanting to do a track day for ages, I have just been to my first one at Snetterton. I was somewhat nervous this morning and wondering if I had done the right thing. Being a complete novice I was teamed up with another lady who has done lots of motor sport. On my first track session she tried to show me the lines that I should be taking. I then went out with her in her very nice Sunbeam Tiger. Wow!!!  Can that woman drive!!!  I spent some time trying to watch her lines the rest of it just hanging on!!!

I also had some instruction from a guy called Steve who really put me and the car through our paces. I honest;ly never knew a Spitfire could corner at such speeds, it was wicked. A bit unnerving being told by a complete stranger to floor it out of the corners, but I put complete trust in him that my car was capable.

Overall, I thought this track day was well organised and relaxed and very well worth doing. I just want to get out and do another one now.

Hi Dave, I used my Spitfire. I loved every moment of it and wasn't scared once!!!  I was concentrating too hard to be nervous ;D    I just can't wait to do another one.

Just got loads of cleaning now in order to get it ready for the NEC Classic Motor Show......almost seems a shame to have to clean it having had so much fun getting it dirty!!!!!

I really have got the track day bug now 8)

Great stuff Julie, well done.  I can't believe you have got your beautifull Spit dirty   :)    , but I know it will be spotless very quickly.  By the way I have seen Autoglym Show Polish in Halfords recently.  

I'll add your name to the Trackday People database to keep you informed.  Hopefully we will have 3 TDs this year, I am trying for Silverstone, Cadwell and Goodwood, but we will have to see how things shake out.

Thanks for the feedback guys,  We will have to accept what we can negotiate with MGs-on Track.  Oulton is on the list we have said we are interested in. This includes: Bedford, Brands Hatch, Castle Combe, Cadwell Park, Donington, Goodwood, Oulton Park, Silverstone.

I am also interested to have some informal days, where just a few memebers go,  in the future at some of the less well known circuits such as Croft, which is great, Aintee, which has one of the most difficult corners, Thruxton, where I have not been, and maybe somewhere in France.

Any other suggestions anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived