What have you done recently or are planning to do soon to your Triumph?

Tim Bancroft

My wife and son used our recently purchased Saloon to travel to Gloucester to spend New Years with my mother in-law.

Being outside in almost 48 hours of continuous rain has highlighted a significant leak with the front passenger footwell turning into a paddling pool!

I've removed the carpets from that area to let them dry out. At this stage I am unsure where the water is gaining entry. 

Over the Christmas period I replaced  the drivers door and aperture seals and that footwell was dry.

So I am thinking I will start by replacing the same seals on the passenger door.

I am removing the dashboard and facia this weekend so that I can gain access to the defective heater unit. Once that lots out it will give me a clear view of the inside edge of the windscreen seal and surrounding metalwork. The outer side of the windscreen seal has sealant on it, so perhaps a new screen seal is the solution.

Rubber ducks now on order from Amazon!

Bruce

SPITFIRE 1500,

Strip out interior , and rebuild /recover/repair both seats. Strip dash, remove horrid black paint on dials to expose perfect chrome, polish bezels and wood etc. sound proof, re colour vinyl, inc recovering the internal wheel arches, clean original carpet, de fur and re assemble. Issues; removing centre brace above transmission is a pain in the A, my seatbelt warning light is now permanently on, who can put the black spacers on the window winder back on !!   

3 hours ago, Geoff Tipping said:

SPITFIRE 1500,

Strip out interior , and rebuild /recover/repair both seats. Strip dash, remove horrid black paint on dials to expose perfect chrome, polish bezels and wood etc. sound proof, re colour vinyl, inc recovering the internal wheel arches, clean original carpet, de fur and re assemble. Issues; removing centre brace above transmission is a pain in the A, my seatbelt warning light is now permanently on, who can put the black spacers on the window winder back on !!   

Replacing the winder is a lot easier if you have some clamping scissors for the pin https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/scissors/1369853?cm_mmc=UK-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-CSS_UK_EN_PMAX_RS+PRO-_--_-1369853&matchtype=&&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAqNSsBhAvEiwAn_tmxSANJTFhkfyyWtuf_-_n_7cLHyaY79-WF8S22LCAHwcsOicp8-8itRoCI1UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

All I've achieved since the start of December is to migrate the Spitfire to the new house, Dolomite still sitting in mum's drive waiting to be brought over. 😞
House move, DIY and all the other seasonal distractions very much taking time away from Triumphing at the moment!