What have you done recently or are planning to do soon to your Triumph?

Tim Bancroft

GT6 Mk1: added another exhaust mounting strap between the diff and the pipe, I'm  running a wider bore single pipe system and it didn't have a support between the manifold downpipe and the rear silencer, I'm happier that it now has some more support. Whilst under the car I greased the handbrake guides & the rear hubs.

2.5 PI: The trip reset button was hanging loose, I made up a bracket and secured it to the original trip reset bracket, it's now supported & out of the way. I'm having trouble with my air plenum, it doesn't want to sit straight on the TBs, I spaced the lower bracket out with washers today but I'm still having trouble with it, I am tempted to remove the lower bracket and use jubilee clips on all six hoses, rather than only the outer two. New coolex radiator has electric fan fitted to front face, have wired it into previous fan's relay and it works, including off override switch. The previous owner has wrapped all additional wiring in tape, whilst it looks neat it makes it harder to work out what wires are doing what, I'd like to remove superfluous wiring from previous fan, I'll have to tear into this at some point.

Mk1 2000 Estate: Have signed off on getting a set of CV shafts for this car, the parts laying around are getting beyond control: engine, gearbox/OD, diff, PI kit, Exh manifold & system,  I really could use another garage. Luckily I have secured the use of a neighbour's garage to store my PI in after RBRR, this will give me a couple of months to work on the Estate in my own garage, destressing the project and allowing time for me to clean/paint the engine bay & underside.

• Like 3

Hardly used my 2500S Estate Auto since Covid. I felt a bit guilty looking at it unused in the garage so gave it a good check over, a wash and some fresh E5 before heading off on a nice drive where it drove faultlessly.
Almost forgotten how smooth, comfortable and practical these cars are 😍

IMG_8147.jpeg

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Yogi Bear said:

Hardly used my 2500S Estate Auto since Covid. I felt a bit guilty looking at it unused in the garage so gave it a good check over, a wash and some fresh E5 before heading off on a nice drive where it drove faultlessly.
Almost forgotten how smooth, comfortable and practical these cars are 😍

IMG_8147.jpeg

Dont want to know what else is lurking in those garages - a few other cars that might have distracted you from the Triumph perhaps😁

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes things go wrong.

I'm in the brakes issues solving and i ordered brakes pads for my Pi Mk 2 at LIMORA. I secretely wished that it could be easier and cheaper from Germany than from GB... NOOOOOOOO

The link to the pads https://www.limora.com/fr/mintex-plaquettes-de-frein/13376/ you see, description (2000 & 2500) and picture are correct, but they look like this.

Does anyone of you know on which other cars i can find the right pads (search by model)?

Thanks 

20231006_122026.jpg

18 hours ago, Rosbif said:

I use Datch in France for parts for my 13/60, they do list parts for some of the bigger Triumphs, worth a look just in case - postage is of course much less than abroad

https://www.datch.fr/fr/machoiresplaquettes-c-2_44_4411_441111_44111112.html

Thanks for local french zone link

I have found those international ref

• Like 1

On 06/10/2023 at 11:27, frenchiemk2 said:

Sometimes things go wrong.

I'm in the brakes issues solving and i ordered brakes pads for my Pi Mk 2 at LIMORA. I secretely wished that it could be easier and cheaper from Germany than from GB... NOOOOOOOO

The link to the pads https://www.limora.com/fr/mintex-plaquettes-de-frein/13376/ you see, description (2000 & 2500) and picture are correct, but they look like this.

Does anyone of you know on which other cars i can find the right pads (search by model)?

Thanks 

20231006_122026.jpg

Try MGB. I purchased some Mintex 1144 ones from NL a few years ago.

• Thanks 1

On 06/09/2023 at 18:10, Wendy Dawes said:

Collected Mabel’s newly refurbished HS2 carbs from Andrew Turner of Turner Carbs in Colsterworth Lincolnshire.  A lovely job he made of them.   Now to get a mk2 spitfire exhaust manifold then to get them fitted during winter lay up along with the J type overdrive gearbox and replace the front trunnions 

IMG_1071.jpeg

IMG_1072.jpeg

That looks like a quality job.

I take it you’re not going to fit them as it’ll be a shame to spoil the finish 😀

• Haha 1

Ooooh now I'm really annoyed. I was chasing a fault on the side-lights on the Spitfire last night (neither front light working) so was checking voltages etc. Started to panic when with the engine running I got 20v!!!! Assumed the voltage regulator on the alternator was faulty. So shut everything off and swapped the alternator for the spare. Still showing 20v with the engine running and 18v with the engine off?!?!?!

Checked my digital multimeter against a reference voltage of 6v and got 9.5v, re-checked everything with my expensive "indoor" multimeter - all voltages correct. All that faff and wasted time because my multimeter is mis-reading!

• Confused 1