Silverstone - GP circuit track day booking now

Fredbie

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quoted from davesideways If I come I'll gladly ride shotgun with any noobs.

I'll quarantee to knock a few seconds off your laptime... I made Josh Bowler go about twice as fast with some basic tution at Mallory :)

This mainly consisted of telling him to brake much later and harder and use the loud pedal much more :)

I have been in the rear seat of a Turbo SE Porsche (or some name like that it was quick whatever) while a good racing friend of mine talked the owner driver round Goodwood............he did exactly as he was told such was his trust in my friend, but I was thinking "what if it goes wrong, he will not know what to do" but what the hell you only live once, dont you just love speed?
He offered the car for me to drive but I just had to decline. sob sob

Quoted from Craig_Bennett Hi Fred. Are there any places left on the Silverstone Track day on March 12th? Have just acquired another triumph suitable for track days and would be a good chance to test it out.
Regards, Craig

Hi Craig

I've now recovered from Christmas/ New Year etc... and can confirm that we have three places left on the track day in March. If you send me your email address on a pm - I'll send the details over.

All the best

Fred

Quoted from Fred_Slezak Too true trackerjack - btw - i don't suppose there is any footage you could post or am I asking too much...? (I wouldn't nkwo how to that's for sure!) But it would be great to see the Sprint in action![ /quote]

Well it took a long time and I am such an idiot with computers but I think with Chris Birds help here it is...............at last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow7KQE0PSKE

Yep - got your message Malcolm - will look forward to receiving it!

To anyone else that is thinking of joining... now really is your last chance - We only have 4 places left.  If you want to join we will need to know by the beginning of next week or we will sell these places elsewhere.

Craig and Richard B - I've not heard from you since sending out the booking forms - let me know if you're still planning on attending. 

Its going to be an amazing day and a great opportunity to drive the full Silverstone circuit.

Just finally Trackerjack - enjoyed your footage :D I'm looking forward to going back to Combe later in the year.

Fred

Malcolm,

The list is as follows:

Fred Slezak
Jon Jackson
Chris Bird
Andew Martin
Martin Stone
Dale Barker
Ellis Stokes
Malcolm Paris
Craig Bennett
Tim Bancroft
John Davies
Paul Michelmore

At the mo. its all a bit embarassing, as 3 or 4 people who said they would def. do the TD decided not to at the last minute.

So we have places for anyone who wants to come along. This means that one would not have to be a member of CT to take part- the only prerequisite being that a Triumph must be used and that the £150 has been paid.

Surely someone must fancy it? As many laps as you want at the Silverstone GP circuit- its gotta be done!

E-mail Fred or me if so.

That's very kind Malcolm - actually only two places left now! I think the post to my house is becoming more and more irregular - one cheque hadn't turned up at all!

BTW I forgot to say - your Scimitar looks very nice indeed :) I'm not suprised you're looking forward to testing it out!

Only one place left now.

Karl Dandridge has signed up.

The cars being used are:
Fred Slezak: Spitfire
Jon Jackson: Sprint
Chris Bird: Toledo
Andew Martin: Vitesse
Martin Stone: Sprint
Dale Barker: Herald
Ellis Stokes: 2500TC
Malcolm Paris: TR7 V8
Craig Bennett: 2.5Pi
Tim Bancroft: GT6
John Davies: Vitesse
Paul Michelmore: Spitfire/GT6 Hybrid
Karl Dandridge: Vitesse
Richard Brake: Spitfire/GT6 Hybrid

A good spread eh!

Malcolm,

We have struggled with bookings for this one, I think its a bit too near Xmas etc.

We will be attending the TD at Castle Combe in July, and hopefully one other. We were hoping to go to Cadwell Park, however the MGoT boys cannot secure a day, I'm hoping that we will go to the Bedford A'drome.

Also what a shame that the TR Reg. day at Mallory is'nt happening.

That is a shame about Mallory. I enjoyed spectating last year and was hoping to take the Spit there for my first Track Day. I thought to do Silverstone as a first might be a bit daunting!

Any ideas when the Bedford Autodrome might be?

Russell.

Archived