Silverstone - GP circuit track day booking now

Fredbie

Firstly - thanks for the kind words on organising trackdays this year - I'm glad so many of you are enjoying using your cars on the circuit...

Which brings me onto the subject of next year... Dale and I have been speaking to those nice chaps at MGs on Track and have secured 15 places for Club Triumph members on their Silverstone Grand Prix circuit track day in 2007.

This takes place on Monday 12th March and will be run in timed sessions over the day; the cost is £150 for the main driver and £10 for an additional driver.  (Pretty reasonable considering the Silverstone Historic festival wanted £325 per car for the same circuit earlier this year!)

These 15 places are available on a first come first served basis, so if you would like to attend please PM or email me as soon as possible and I'll forward an entry form plus fruther details on the day. I will also need a cheque for the full amount by the end of this month - It could be the perfect a Christmas present...?!

We're also speaking to MGoT about further days in 2007... so there's plenty to look forward to next year...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be good no matter which car you bring... the GT or Dreadnaught - or were you thinking the Herald...

I know its naughty... but I think it might have to be the 2.5 for me... even though it isn't really a track prepared car....  oh well!

Cheque signed Dinky and me are well up for dat......whoops been watching too much Catherine Tate.
The Sprint with its solid roof and oil cooler will be there as I have never driven the full circuit, only the little club one back in the eighties when I did a Birkett relay race.

Beans - go on - you know you fancy a little weekend trip.... it is the GP circuit afterall!  ;D

Mind you there are plans for at least one European track day in 2007... but more on that later...

Re Silverstone next March - I've got 10 places provisionally filled now... just five left.

If you're interested please do let me know!

I really, really, really, REALLY want to do this circuit even if it's just so's I can say that I've driven the same track as the F1 boys, better decide what I'm doing with the engine in 'Harold' pdq or I won't have a car though!

Archived