Silverstone - GP circuit track day booking now

Fredbie

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ner - I'd vote for the first option - dodgy driving...! Don't be so kind to him Doug :)

Re the engine Tim ... it's all there - just needs building so the little purple 1300 can fly... however there are issues with regards to bodywork - and I don't think it will get a ticket again for a while... We've patched up so many holes it's now just a big patch!!! With new holes!

The lesser of two evils is getting a new prop for the white car... oh and a set of UJ's... It was Brands that saw to those...

I'd like to do this track day too. Unfortunately I don't know if I'll have a working car by then so I can't commit to a limited-places day at this stage.

Do the MGoT people have any rules about real competition cars turning up? My race car is probably less highly tuned than some road cars out there but it has numbers and stickers all over it and looks like a race car. I know some track day organisers frown on people turning up in race cars as they assume we're all mad and will scare other people off the track.

Tim - you meant you DON'T think it will be problem...?!

Mik - I'm sure they'll be fine - as Andy said there were a few race prepared MG's at Castle Combe - and there were more when we went to Brands Hatch with MGoT. I can duoble check for you - but I really don't think it'll be a problem.

Fred 

Quoted from Fred_Slezak Beans - go on - you know you fancy a little weekend trip.... it is the GP circuit afterall!  ;D

Mind you there are plans for at least one European track day in 2007... but more on that later...

All very tempting. I'll try to attend the European one  :)
Hopefully it's at the Nürburgring  ;D

Malcolm,

I've emailed an entry form over - re the policy on other marques... I've checked with MGoT - basically any non-Triumph or MG will be put on a waiting list and if a place becomes available before the day they will be included.

Harsh though this sounds, this basically stops people bringing subaru's and goodness knows what else because they think their other car might be quicker...

Quoted from davesideways Silverstone GP track could be quite boring unless your car is very fast, aren't all the corners flat out bar the luffield section? (last 3 corners?) :)

You are right there, but your car is very fast  ;D

Luffield is not that interesting and just an excuse to wear out LH tyres, but what is interesting is going into Copse flat out and seeing if you can sort it out.  There is plenty of track and run off.  In March there is a high probablity of rain and that will liven things up a bit.

Quoted from Chriss
but what is interesting is going into Copse flat out and seeing if you can sort it out.  There is plenty of track and run off.

If doing the GP circuit you will get to do Bridge which is even more commiting than Copse. I'm (almost) sure it can be done flat out. A fast downhill run into the corner, you are on (or past) the edge at the apex, but as you rise up the hill out of the corner you gain more grip and manage to hold it on the track away from the massive gravel trap wait for the unwary. Then brake hard to enter the luffield complex.

You'll love it.

Quoted from timbancroft61 V8 Scim- have a chat with Fred about the policy about non Triumph cars. Bring the TR7 V8.
Blimey how greedy are you, 3 V8 cars!!!!!! Excellent!

No problems there.  I'll bring the TR7 V8 track car - was just a thought.  3 V8 cars Mr B??  I've got 4  ;D

Malcolm.

Just had a look at my camcorder footage of the last MGOT at Combe.........sigh, first to fall to the Sprint was a V8 MGB then several ordinary ones plus a modified Midget then we went past an MGF............not one solitary car past me until I slowed to come in.
You know we dusted those MG's up a bit.
So of I went out to the garage to look at the blue Sprint and tinker.
Nothing like a booked track day to speed the winter on eh fellow looneys.

Too true trackerjack - btw - i don't suppose there is any footage you could post or am I asking too much...? (I wouldn't nkwo how to that's for sure!) But it would be great to see the Sprint in action!

I just remember watching a clip of Mad Mart - or was it his co-driver having a 'moment' at Mallory after the haripin - getting the car back under control and then laughing wildly... quality stuff!  ;D  ;D

Archived