Silverstone - GP circuit track day booking now

Fredbie

yep sure was good to see Andys vitesse out on track..sounded and looked great.
Didnt see much of JDs vitesse as it was in same group as me and usually scuttling off into the distance.
Know its a bit late but thanks to all involved in getting all our Triumphs to silverstone i had a great day up until the big ends gave up on me, cant do Mallory now as not enough time to get a crank done and balanced.
if your at Castle Combe Mr Sideways i will take you out then, going to stick with Triumph 6 pot power you wont find a k series any where near my vitesse but definatly a rev limiter..
kd

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finaly got round to posting the pictures in the photo section ...
[Sorry, link no longer available]

[Sorry, album link no longer available]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everything happens for a reason - Sometimes, Good; Sometimes, Not so good..... In this case: Good :)

At todays action day at Castle Combe, I set up my video camera in the car as usual; and I got 'massive' 12 minutes of footage; 10 minutes of which were of the car sitting in the assembly area ::). Then the bloody thing ran out of tape..... which it would, because some muppet forgot to rewind the tape after 'capturing' the footage from Silverstone.

So, I get the tape home and review it, to find that one of the sessions from Silverstone, which I thought I'd messed up (by not switching the camera on !) is, in fact, on the tape. The footage is all 'skew-whiff' (strange blocks and lines ?) from the start of the session until the end of the 'Hangar Straight'; then it 'kicks in' to normal..... which is nice ! Much better viewing (for me, at least), than more 'film' of me messing up at CC :B

So, what does all this mean to you guys ?.... Not a great deal, I don't suppose, unless your name is Fred and the driver of 6002 VC (Sorry, don't know your name ?) in that session; who may find it of particular interest. We 3 had a bit of fun swapping places in that session, and was my personal favourite session of the day. I would have had no record of this if I'd remembered to rewind the tape.

I'm going to capture the footage later, and will (hopefully) upload a chunk of it to 'YouTube' - I may even be able to get the whole thing on, if I mess around with the compression ?...

If Fred and/or the driver of 6002 VC are interested, and would care to PM me their respective addresses; I'll burn you each a 'full size' copy of the video on to DVD, and send you it.

Had to truncate it to less than 10 minutes; and compress the video quite a bit to get it to fit within YouTube's 100MB limit; so, it may not be the best quality ?.... don't know what it looks like, yet, as it's still being 'processed' by YouTube.
If it's no good; I'll do a shorter clip at higher resolution (Please send requests for which lap you'd like to see at higher quality to:.... just PM me ::))

If the link doesn't work straight off; give it a little while, then try again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6qssHjIPmM

Archived