Silverstone - GP circuit track day booking now

Fredbie

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quoted from timbancroft61

Also what a shame that the TR Reg. day at Mallory is'nt happening.

I would not assume this just yet.  I understand that there will be an announcement about the TR Register track day in the next few days and will keep you posted....

Looking forward to Silverstone though.  From Dave's comments driving on a wide, fast GP circuit will be a whole  new experience for me!

Malcolm.

Chris! I can't believe it - I sold the last ticket last night...

However - I have spoken to Dave and Tim at MGoT and we are operating a reserve list as anything can happen between now and March 12th. And we won't need any money off you for that either... BTW David (Picton) was also hoping to have that last space - I told him he hadn't paid up quick enough so he'd just have to be my passenger instead! Needless to say I don't think he's a\s excited about attending anymore...

The final list for the day is currently :

Jon Jackson: Sprint
Martin Stone: Sprint
Chris Bird: Toledo
Dale Barker: Herald
Malcolm Paris: TR7 V8
Ellis Stokes: 2500TC
Craig Bennett: 2.5Pi
Tim Bancroft: 2.5 SU (!) - where's that GT6 Tim?!
Andew Martin: Vitesse
John Davies: Vitesse
Karl Dandridge: Vitesse
Paul Michelmore: Spitfire/GT6 Hybrid
Richard Brake: Spitfire/GT6 Hybrid
Tom Rawles: GT6
Fred Slezak: Spitfire/GT6 thingy

For those that have signed up - MGoT will be in touch with you soon with final instructions for the day (via email) - also the final update is that all Triumphs will be out on the circuit at the same time... along with a few of those old MG's too :)

• 1 month later...

Despite my best efforts; the Toledo Sprint ain't going to be ready on time, so, it'll be another outing for Tara - maybe I can blow up the engine properly this time ;D
All I have to do is remove everything from the roof of Tara, where I have been keeping most of the Sprint engine rebuild parts ::) There is a rather thick blanket on the roof, I hasten to add. Then, charge up the battery and bring her back to life with some fresh oil; and I must fix/replace the speedo cable, too. It'd be nice to know how fast I'm going when I spot the inevitable speed cameras en route :o

It's nice to see you're already for Silverstone.  If the final instructions haven't already reached you they should be sent out any time now.

Just a few tips.

<li>Bring your MOT certificate
    Bring your Driving Licence (if it's a new one bring both the paper and plastic bit)
    Don't go on circuit with anything less than 1/4 tank fuel (it's a long circuit)
    Fuel is available at the circuit a but it is a little bit pricey (if buying at the circuit don't make the mistake of buying the race fuel, it's something like £5/litre!!)
    Make sure the tyres have sufficient tread before you start the day, if they are near the limit they may be illegal when you decide to drive home.
    Check the fluids and bring some extra oil

</li> </ul>

More details for prepping can be found on the MGoT Website http://www.mgs-on-track.com/faq

Blimey - that's one tidy looking Sprint Mart! Looks like you've been rather busy! Just fixed the prop and UJ's in my 2.5 Spit... but having not used it for about six months (since killing the prop at Brands last year...) I'm worried now as the brakes are really dead! Uh oh... gonna be driving it around a lot this weekend in the hope that the servo jumps back into life...!

7:45 at Silverstone... that's EARLY!

Quoted from Fred_Slezak Blimey - that's one tidy looking Sprint Mart! Looks like you've been rather busy! Just fixed the prop and UJ's in my 2.5 Spit... but having not used it for about six months (since killing the prop at Brands last year...) I'm worried now as the brakes are really dead! Uh oh... gonna be driving it around a lot this weekend in the hope that the servo jumps back into life...!

7:45 at Silverstone... that's EARLY!

Sure you did not spot my Sprint Fred ours has a black bonnet now..........cos I am colour blind :P

Seeya Monday

Well I have to say I had a bloody brilliant time yesterday (especially the last session where Trackerjack & I were having a bit of a "tussle"). Good to put some more names to faces. Thanks to all the organisers, I thought the day ran very smoothly indeed. Just a shame it was all over so quickly.  :'( Looking forward to Mallory now.

It was brilliant yes, thanks to the organisers.  Those who suggested that a wide fast track like Silverstone might be boring were completely wrong.

Thanks especially to Dave Picton though for lending me his jump leads which I used to 'mend' my broken battery isolator switch  ;D

Have fun at Mallory - shame I can't make it this year.

Malcolm.

Archived