MALLORY PARK MARCH 2009

TimW

I am trying to arrange a Triumph only track day at MALLORY PARK for next March (ish).  We intend to run open pit lane with full coverage from race control,  Marshal and ambulance cover.  Cost is going to be about £140 for the day based on 50 people attending.  ALL Profits going to Cancer research.  The event will be limited to Triumph's ONLY if we get 50 of us on the day.  Mark at Jigsaw is going to help organise the event but we need to know who is interested in order to make further arrangements.  You can log your interest by adding to this thread or email mark@jigsawracingservices.co.uk or timward@ftpsystems.com   The day will be open to first timers and seasoned veterans or anybody in-between!!!  Lets have your thoughts and see if we can organise a great day for all.

Unfortunately Mallory Park isn't quite exciting enough to warrant a trip back from Finland... count me out.

Plus the saloon may well be doing the 1600 or so mile trip overland to join me for a bit of ice rallying action...

Whats the Finnish for I need spikey tyres for a 1969 saloon?  ;D

I'm going to promise to be a good boy for the rest of the yea.... day and see what I can ask for my birthday. Track days normally seem far too expensive for me but this one looks great with 50 cars and the money going somewhere good. I've had some vague dealings with Cancer Research UK and if it's going to them I know they receive little government help. Alright, they're a huge charity but it's a good one to give to.

What's the deal with helmets? I plan on getting one for a bike but if needs be can one be rented?

I thought the most useful words in Finnish were Kippis and Kiitos don't you agree Lordleonusa!! :P

But just a note to everyone - please remember that Club Triumph has put a lot of effort into building a relationship with MG's on Track over the last three years in order to offer members at least two or three track days annually. So if you are planning on doing a Triumph only track day in 2009 the Club really needs your support.

Chris Shaw is the CT Track Day co-ordinator so please do contact him about the dates at Cadwell and Oulton in 2009.

Lets face it if we lose our own track days then it will be up to you to brave it on your own in general track days amongst the Subaru's, Evo's and whatever else.

Club Triumph track day organiser  2005 - 2008

[quote=Fred_Slezak]I thought the most useful words in Finnish were Kippis and Kiitos don't you agree Lordleonusa!! :P

Yes indeed,

p.s. when I typed Kirpissa, I actually meant Kippis, but in my defence, I never saw that word written down, only spoken, and that in a rather slurred form :-) hic!  ;D

darn Russian Vodka.

Léon

Hi guys

Would just like to add that it may be worth, if its not treading on anybodies toes, pointing this towards other triumph clubs aswell. If the 50 is not reached of coarse. :P

I do know there will defineately be interest from other forums i use i.e. tr register, triumph dolomite club e.t.c.

Sorry if this has already been thought of or done, twas just an idea. :B

Des.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived