Autosolo at Lincoln/July

Clive

After reading the Club magazine, I see that the Autosolo mentioned in the last Secretarys notes is now "officially" happening

However, as I am coming over all peculiar (again) at the thought of a Trackday AND an autosolo on the same day and venue, does anybody know if it will be possible to do both? We have 2 drivers here chomping at the bit.....

Quoted from cliftyhanger
After reading the Club magazine, I see that the Autosolo mentioned in the last Secretarys notes is now "officially" happening

However, as I am coming over all peculiar (again) at the thought of a Trackday AND an autosolo on the same day and venue, does anybody know if it will be possible to do both? We have 2 drivers here chomping at the bit.....

Well..we will be there, chomping,chewing or or gum sucking

The Track Day is being run by the TR Register, primarily on the Friday morning on the circuit at Blyton. I believe that they intend to run 'taster' laps for beginners in the afternoon so that is when we will be running an Autosolo test.

It won't be a full day's Solo though, the idea is to do the afternoon with one test layout giving people 3 runs at it as per usual for a nominal fee of no more than a tenner just to cover the MSA permit and venue hire fee, and it will be a fairly simple straightforward design. If it turns out that there aren't too many people queueing up wanting a go we will allow those who have already had a go to go around again without further payment but it really does depend how busy we get. We may even reverse the test if it proves possible but that will depend entirely on how the afternoon goes.

What we're aiming for is to let people have a bit of fun, possibly at both disciplines without getting too competitive and also to encourage as many first timers as possible.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to let everyone know that this is primarily a taster event designed mainly to garner support for the next and all future full on Solos. As such there will only be the one test at which you will get 3 timed runs in the normal manner with there being an award for FTD and that's the only one. We have pared this down to the minimum to keep the cost down - it doesn't cost any less permit wise (that's more than half of the tenner) to run one test than it does to run 4. If time permits we will allow entrants to have extra runs at no additional cost but we don't know how many takers we will get as you can simply turn up on the day and many may do so - or not!

It has been wrongly reported in the TR Register's information booklet that we will be kicking off at 10.00 - WE WON'T! We will start at around midday as we all have to get up there and get set up on the day. It has also been reported in the booklet that this forms a round of our Drivers Championship or Challenge - IT DOESN'T! This is a one-off stand-alone hoon around 😀

• 2 weeks later...