It has to be done!

Thanks to all of the organisers, control marshals and all the others behind the scenes.

Thank you to Darren for providing an excellent tool to complete the event in. Other than some rather hot ATF fluid it went round like a dream. I was expecting the auto box to make it a bit boring but it turned out to be a perfect set-up.

Thanks to Dave for being an excellent team member. He wants to do another RBRR and was asking how much big saloons go for on the way back.

Thanks to all the other teams taking part. The banter and talk at each control is what really makes the event.

If even one of the above didn't work it wouldn't have been half as enjoyable.

What a brilliant weekend. :)

Yep, it was hard going for team 3 this year, but all the worthwhile to ber able to say we completed the challenge.

Thanks to the likes of Tim, Jason and Nigel for all your organisation.

Thanks to all the Marshalls who gave up thier time.

Thanks to all the local CT members who visited control points to spur the teams on some at stupid hours of the day and night!

A special Thanks to Derek and Stephanie the Marshals from Lands End who took us back to thier house and welded a repair to our chassis that enabled us to continue rather than have to quit at Lands End.

Not wishing to clutter the board with new threads I will use this to give my thanks for the best motoring event I've experienced.

First of all the biggest thanks to Tim for the kind offer at Tebay to miss out Wales without penalty due to the burnt valve problem that we'd been nursing from Blythe. We refused the offer as we felt that finishing whilst deliberately missing 2 points wasn't how we wanted to finish. It was either back at the Plough with 19 signatures or it was on the back of a recovery vehicle. We made it not just to the finish but home too.

The other organisers couldn't be faulted. The route book, the refreshments, the pre event advice, all outstanding.

The marshalls were all great. As a newby, I was one of people who walked up for signing at Sugar Loaf as we'd been told it had to be a quick passage "under pain of death". 2 ques, 1 for cars, 1 for people looked the quickest way as the walkers could be getting books signed whilst the Marshall had to wait for those in cars "fannying about" for their road books. We've heard and listened to the points made and will learn for next time.

Those who stopped to help us with the electrical fire we had in our magenta TR6 near Edinburgh Airport, thank you.

In fact, anyone who has been involved in this event either behind the scenes or "front of house", thank you.

Not wishing to clutter the board with new threads I will use this to give my thanks for the best motoring event I've experienced.

First of all the biggest thanks to Tim for the kind offer at Tebay to miss out Wales without penalty due to the burnt valve problem that we'd been nursing from Blythe. We refused the offer as we felt that finishing whilst deliberately missing 2 points wasn't how we wanted to finish. It was either back at the Plough with 19 signatures or it was on the back of a recovery vehicle. We made it not just to the finish but home too.

The other organisers couldn't be faulted. The route book, the refreshments, the pre event advice, all outstanding.

The marshalls were all great. As a newby, I was one of people who walked up for signing at Sugar Loaf as we'd been told it had to be a quick passage "under pain of death". 2 ques, 1 for cars, 1 for people looked the quickest way as the walkers could be getting books signed whilst the Marshall had to wait for those in cars "fannying about" for their road books. We've heard and listened to the points made and will learn for next time.

Those who stopped to help us with the electrical fire we had in our magenta TR6 near Edinburgh Airport, thank you.

In fact, anyone who has been involved in this event either behind the scenes or "front of house", thank you.

ferny wrote:

Thanks to Dave for being an excellent team member. He wants to do another RBRR and was asking how much big saloons go for on the way back.

A lot more than they were a few months ago!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1965-MK1-TRIUMPH-2000-MANUAL-WITH-OVERDRIVE-1yrs-MOT-and-TAX-VERY-RARE-/320997576587?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4abcf24f8b

would have been £500 at the start of the year, £1000 and only listed for a day.

(It is a very solid car apparently, so perhaps not that surprising)

Cheers

Colin

Seconding Pete's sentiment, a brilliant weekend. In no particular order, thanks to Club Triumph, Derek Pollack, the organising team, all the marshalls, my co-driver, all the other teams, our sponsors, octane, Lambrini, Toyo, Mintex, Spax (for the squeaky b#####d rear shock that never shut up the whole run), Osram, Tangfastic, Lucozade, the weather, the Triumph motor company, bacon and eggs, Tomtom, HTC, Maglite, biscuits, cake, and my good lady for her support and the cold beers waiting for us when we got home. We couldn't have done it without you  ;)

Thanks to all for a terrific weekend and it was so nice to do most of it without rain!! I was first at the Plough this year and was met by the Landlord panicking in the car park having just returned from his holiday . Being so used to holding the event He had forgotten to put it in the diary ! I was asked to wave my arms about until he could get some cones organised. Nigel and Tim looked a bit surprised and immediately took over marshalling duties but I asked if I could help out and ended up having a very enjoyable day seeing everyone in, bashing in stakes for banners etc etc. Thanks to Nigel & Bob for putting up with my dispraxic arm waving. ( I really should know my left from my right by now).

Thanks to Peter Fern and David Wilson who made a great team and OlaF my Mk 2 2500 who behaved faultlessly apart from boiling his auto gearbox fluid in protest after 1600 miles. Thanks to the very kind man who lent me some ATF . I bought him some back but did not see him at the end of the event.

Olaf will get a Manual O/D gearbox for the Ten Countries or an Auto box Oil cooler !

See my post on those damn rocker oil feeds for your own good if you have one!

Well, a big Thankyou from Team 22 to all the organisers and control marshalls, and people who just came along to cheer us on !

Had a fantastic time !  my Co-driver and chief sherbert lemon eater Bruce has done the RBRR 3 times now, so he was a great help for my as a first timer! I feel very honoured to have taken part in such a Great event ,scooting around the country on great roads in great company, with in places Breathtaking scenery !

We stopped a few times when we saw a bonnet up !  and I now see what people were saying about 'dont hang about at controls for too long!  its very easy to get chatting and lose track of time!  ;) .
Thanks to Team 89,the Mad Sprout! for giving us the oppurtunity to visit some of Scotlands darkest layby's at stupid o clock for a cable tie and twig party!  :P
It was Very nice to meet up with some people off the forum at various controls, the kind words of encouragement Really did help, even Tiggr1  helping me reset our Tracking device!  ;D :X
The GT6 needs thanking for putting up with the abuse we gave it and still carried on going, although the gearbox has almost thrown in the towel now ! ( need new one for 10CR 2013) .

All in all a Fantastic weekend!   THAKNYOU ! 8)

Roy  8)

royboy66 wrote:
The GT6 needs thanking for putting up with the abuse we gave it and still carried on going, although the gearbox has almost thrown in the towel now ! ( need new one for 10CR 2013) .

Judging from the Tracker data Roy, the gearbox was seldom out of 4th overdrive!  :P

Team 89 "The mad sprout" would like to thank the organisers for a faultless event, my co-driver Simon for abusing the car, Roy and Bruce for their support during the entire event and finally to Alex for the "loan" of the cap from his can of WD40 in order to fix the VR sensor that I broke while fixing the fan belt(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)