If you have any pics of the event that you'd like to share on the website we have a photo album here-

http://club.triumph.org.uk/cgi-bin/album/album.pl?album=rbrr/2014

Use your normal website login.
Please don't post pic threads on the forum, the album keeps them together in a better format for the future.

Cheers  8)
K

Facebook is nothing to do with us and only accessible to those with a Facebook account so I don't think there is any way of getting a feed of the content, so we want people to upload stuff here if possible.
This is a CT event and not a Facebook one!

Keith

Im quite new to this forum and I have noticed a lack of photos in most of the threads I look at.... Havent had a careful look but is there a sticky to tell all how to upload pics?.... They certainly make forums more interesting

Keith, To my opinion the photoalbum is a bit outdated and complex to upload. A lot has changed in the digital world since the beginning of this forum. Think it's time to move forward! Why not open a phototopic where all people can link their photos, like Dirk did. Quite sure we see more photos from the event! Just a thought....

GTRoger wrote:
Keith, To my opinion the photoalbum is a bit outdated and complex to upload.

Yes, I know it is. The new version will be wonderful though (if it ever gets finished) and the content will be migrated.
Just need to find the time and motivation to finish it!

K

Ok that's fair enough, though for the time being nobody seems to be bothered using the photoalbum and therefore the non facebookers are missing out on all the great pics that have been made. As said before, it's a CT event and watching the photos, reading stories etc is part of the fun and should be available for all club members.

Now the fun happens on Facebook!

Think a photo section would solve the problem.....

[quote=GTRoger]Ok that's fair enough, though for the time being nobody seems to be bothered using the photoalbum and therefore the non facebookers are missing out on all the great pics that have been made. As said before, it's a CT event and watching the photos, reading stories etc is part of the fun and should be available for all club members.

Now the fun happens on Facebook!

I have since closed my Facebook account. I did enjoy the RBRR link but Facebook seems to be bombarding me with more and more adverts. But worst of all some people seem to just write a load of crap (mainly family members) I mean who wants to know how bored people are or about there bowl movements and that's the interesting bits.
I'd rather go to a forum such as CT where like minded people interested in Triumphs can swap information and ideas and also have a bit of banter.  Maybe I just an old git.

1684 wrote:

I have since closed my Facebook account. I did enjoy the RBRR link but Facebook seems to be bombarding me with more and more adverts. But worst of all some people seem to just write a load of crap (mainly family members) I mean who wants to know how bored people are or about there bowl movements and that's the interesting bits.
I'd rather go to a forum such as CT where like minded people interested in Triumphs can swap information and ideas and also have a bit of banter.  Maybe I just an old git.

Good for you, us old gits should stick together.
Let's have the interesting content on our site for posterity and not on some commercially run data hoover.

Keith

I am fully agreeing it would be quite unfair to post RBRR pictures on any media without doing it on CT website,

Anyway, as a facebook addict, I also post there. facebook is a wonderful tool to meet people around the world sharing the same interests. This is not the only one but it is the most known.This is my point of view, I would not try to convince those who are not.

At picture point of view, even a little bit long, CT website is not so bad to upload pictures. facebook is easier that's right, it also permit to post from cellphone in more or less any place during the trip. That's its force to keep our family and friends informed live.

1555 wrote:
i have to agree with keith on this matter,,this is a club for triumph`s,so pictures should be posted on here and not f`book

Yes, that's exactly what I'm after. Only for some odd reason it doesn't happen. And it will not happen if we just sit down and wait. I think the forum is loosing interest (in general) as people find other ways for sharing photos and experiences. This should not happen, the forum has always been a good source for Triumph enthousiasts and it should stay like that.

so Facebookers, please share your photos on here as well. CT is the club that does, not FB  ;)

I've now loaded mine up but waht a faff, it took an hour to load up the 40 or so photos that took less than 10 minutes on facebook and that's not including shrinking them first which you don't need to do on facebook, photobucket etc.

If we want to promote loading them up to the website it needs to be as quick and as as it is on other sites. No shrinking and as many as you want to load all in one go is what we need. It's also dead easy to load them on to face book stright from the mobile using the app. What we ideally need is a Club Trioumph photo upload app but I know that's about as likely as us all winning the lottery!

michael_charlton wrote:
...and not a picture of the marshals at controls that let you come out to play.
I think there should be a union that marshals could join.......... ;)

Guilty  :B  Sorry

However when we got our signatures I always tried to make a point of thanking the marshals ....... and as for the hero at Carter Bar you were a star!

MUT