Had a look at the road atlas last night.

Looks like we're heading deeper into Wales than ever before.

Reckon it'll be about 177 miles between Gledrid/Oswestry and Gordano via Llandovery and Tim's favourite road through the Forest of Dean.

Hope there's some petrol stations open in the middle of the night towards the end of that leg for cars with a low fuel range. :)

No M5 shortcuts, next year, for a kip at Gordano, folks - you'll be deep in the heart of Wales.

Not that I'm trying to worry anyone. ::)

Anyone know Llandovery and have any idea where we might stop in the middle of the night?

Jim.

I Live 8 miles from llandovery, and you will be lucky to find fuel between gledrid and llandovery after 8pm at night the only 24 hour garage i know of is in the centre of abergavenny which would be on the way back to the seven bridge, about 65-70 miles from llandovery
just make sure your cans and tank are full

h

There is a large car park behind the Castle Hotel in Llandovery, used as HQ for a few stage rallies.  It is lit and has toilets, but they are pay toilets.  Depending on what time you are there the castle hotel maybe still open for refreshments.

be very carefull using anything in town some of the loacals are very anti this sort of thing particularly at the moment after WRC and the hasslel thereof, in the middle of the night is going to attract unwanted attention and i doubt morris isaccs will open for the numbers concerned! besides it only about 180 miles from gledrid to the next stop (gordano) i would think all the cars would make that on one tank without having to fill up, the most you should need is a 10ltr reserve tin

h

Umm, unfortunately we will be in Landovery at about 00.30 - 01.30hrs-doubt if anything would be open.

Owing to this anti-social time, we would be best using a location outside town-nowhere near residential properties.

Hrgserv has sent something of interest.

All info is very useful, keep it coming!

• 4 weeks later...

Overhere if we have a all night event.  We contact a gas station who will open just for us.  I think if you could do that then problem solved.   I would think gas sales would be around 1,000 gals.   If they had a snack or small store we would buy snacks, coffee and the like.  Me thinks money talks.  Now if their were two stations next to eachouther or accross the road that would be better.  Only down side is if a small station it will take time to fill all of us.  Could also be a control stop.   Just a thought.  Tolet's a plus.  

• 1 month later...

Here's an idea that will presumably be scuppered by the delights of the MET anti-terorism unit.

Instead of routing round the M25 for the last bit, why not go right through central london?

What a sight it'd be, 100 Triumphs cruising down the Mall, round parliament Square, down the Embankmant, you get my drift?

J

1045 wrote:
Here's an idea that will presumably be scuppered by the delights of the MET anti-terorism unit.

Instead of routing round the M25 for the last bit, why not go right through central london?

What a sight it'd be, 100 Triumphs cruising down the Mall, round parliament Square, down the Embankmant, you get my drift?

J

We tried to avoid teh M25 in 2006 by going across London.

The traffic at 6pm on a Sunday is shocking!

Now if we could get them to close teh roads for us.........

:-)

Colin

While I think going throug London would be great:  ;D

The local Police would have to close a route just for us.  ??)

To make this work we would ALL have to meet up before we enter the city.   :o

To make this perfect the local/national media would need to bee their with reporters and cameras.   :P

Just think of what this would do for the club. ;)

Seeing as the penultimate checkpoint this year is Didcot it must be fairly easy to avoid most of the M25 anyway. Sort of high Wycombe, Rickmansworth, Watford, St Albans sort of way. I haven't checked this out on the map, but it must be possible.

You're going to hit traffic and lots of traffic lights if you try to cut out the M25. After spending so long in the car sitting at 50-70mph (don't forget the roadworks...) for 30 miles doesn't sound so bad.

I've cut across country to avoid that part of the M25 a few times. Unless the M25 is absolutely stuffed it's not worth the extra time. I also go through London a lot and there's no way I fancy doing that after the RBRR.

Archived