Tim: You take me to be too serious.  Me thinks their is no way the local police would do it or that we all could meet up before hand.   Last time Karen took what she thought was a short cut on the last leg to the Plough.  Rough roads, lots of traffic and to top it off we got behind a learner who just poked along most of our route with no way to pass!  The M25 is not looking so bad.

One question though, serious, Has anyone thought of media coverage? how bout a reporter in one of the cars?  We still have a spot.  Or their own entry?  

Quote:
Sort of high Wycombe, Rickmansworth, Watford, St Albans sort of way. I haven't checked this out on the map, but it must be possible.

Yes, I noticed that it was possible to work a quick route through those points too - M40, then M25 ....

The way we should have gone last time.

It added half an hour to our journey time going through Chinnor.

Jim.

If we're going to nip down the M40, I know a way. Until about ten years ago my friend ran a private hire business with a couple Routemasters based in Watford. We did a lot of work round Watford, St Albans and North West London and he taught me a lot of short cuts.

I'm a bit rusty on it now but off the end of the M40, first junction on the A40, Ickenham, Northwood, South Oxhey, Bushey, Aldenham, Radlett and the B556 (that's a loveley road) to Potters Bar and you're almost there. We used to do that at all times of day and it was never that busy even in rush hour.

Ferney:  Don't know bout you ole boy, I would not want those (sorry I just can't call em girls) from the last run on or anywhere near my Lap!  Though I heard Ashley had to be held back.

I have faith and trust in Tim and his ragtag gang to do us right.  If it's the M25 then so be it.

I will gladly send you the Washington D.C. sister, "The Infamous Beltway"

Did anyone take pictures of the show last time?

YES! (angry)

On the route from the airport to our house. (ondrugs)

You will even get to go over the Famous Wodrow Wilson Bridge over the Potomac.  (grin)

Great view of Washington up river. (smile)

You will even learn a new term, "Interchange Flyover" (huh)

Archived