Went to Tebay  to nosey aboot, so too did a few others.
most of the crws got there,  some were having trouble with fuel probs
seems to be fuel in Scotchlandshire, or had Mr J Mc Jim been filling the tanks with Lambrini!!

the crew of the 2.5 had no heater, so were a bit frozen
the Geordie Ladds, having trouble with the TRs fuel hope they sorted it, and got better as they put new fuel in.

Met Bill Goody, gave him a present, but think he was more intrested in looking for  BEER,!!!
nice to meet you Bill, hope you no got any symptoms frae the present.

And a very great full thankee to the Scrapmans crew , and Monsignoir Velo Rosso, for the delivery of what I thoought was 1 diff, but turned oot to be two,
which had winged its way all the way frae Colchester,to Tebay, thru the CT Express.

And Colins car is really unmissable in the dark, as he got a antanna, bigger than Blackpool tower, and more lit up than it too. ;) ;)

good to see so many ..ole bangers.. getting well used,
well done , and hope you all make it back ok

Markus

796 wrote:
Went to Tebay  to nosey aboot, so too did a few others.
most of the crws got there,  some were having trouble with fuel probs
seems to be fuel in Scotchlandshire, or had Mr J Mc Jim been filling the tanks with Lambrini!!

the crew of the 2.5 had no heater, so were a bit frozen
the Geordie Ladds, having trouble with the TRs fuel hope they sorted it, and got better as they put new fuel in.

Met Bill Goody, gave him a present, but think he was more intrested in looking for  BEER,!!!
nice to meet you Bill, hope you no got any symptoms frae the present.

And a very great full thankee to the Scrapmans crew , and Monsignoir Velo Rosso, for the delivery of what I thoought was 1 diff, but turned oot to be two,
which had winged its way all the way frae Colchester,to Tebay, thru the CT Express.

And Colins car is really unmissable in the dark, as he got a antanna, bigger than Blackpool tower, and more lit up than it too. ;) ;)

good to see so many ..ole bangers.. getting well used,
well done , and hope you all make it back ok

Markus

I hear you slipped Homer a pie - which I smelt several times through Wales!

timbancroft61 wrote:
Reckon Tim could have driven the event again, jeez I'd hate to go out for a drink(!) with him.

Seriously buzzing!

Just getting into the spirit of the event :) :)  just about back to normal now having to endure a 10 trip back home and 4 recovery trucks :B :B

ferny wrote:

What happened?

We departed the Plough for the premier inn and on the way the car started making the most horrible noise.  I had a weird clutch pedal and assumed it was the clutch release bearing finally giving up.  We made it into the hotel car park to be meet with a temp gauge off the scale and the water boiling!!  We think it's the water pump that seized so I locked the car and went for a shower, food and beer!!  The next morning we all had a quick look and while checking the clutch pedal noticed the crank pulley moving a good 1mm in relation to the clutch pedal.  The decision was then made to call recovery as I didn't fancy risking thrust washers falling out on the drive home.  Must be the latest RBRR car failure in history!  

I'm really pleased you got back OK Tim. I was admiring your car before going for breakfast and hope I didn't cause offence by taking the sneaky picture later as it was being loaded on the recovery truck but I needed some pictures of broken down cars to convince some of my sponsors over how demanding this event is :)

I've got some of it on the event as well whilst it was running Ok if you would like those!

You might have gone by the time the AA man had helped be open the bonnet of my magenta TR6. I am now an expert on overcoming this problem. In fact I'm tempted to not to use the cable and use the AA technique just to add to the challenge. Well, maybe not.

Eagerbeaver wrote:
I'm really pleased you got back OK Tim. I was admiring your car before going for breakfast and hope I didn't cause offence by taking the sneaky picture later as it was being loaded on the recovery truck but I needed some pictures of broken down cars to convince some of my sponsors over how demanding this event is :)

I've got some of it on the event as well whilst it was running Ok if you would like those!

You might have gone by the time the AA man had helped be open the bonnet of my magenta TR6. I am now an expert on overcoming this problem. In fact I'm tempted to not to use the cable and use the AA technique just to add to the challenge. Well, maybe not.

Any pics would be gratefully received.  Cool to be able to put a face to a forum member 8) 8) 8)

339 wrote:

We departed the Plough for the premier inn and on the way the car started making the most horrible noise.  I had a weird clutch pedal and assumed it was the clutch release bearing finally giving up.  We made it into the hotel car park to be meet with a temp gauge off the scale and the water boiling!!  We think it's the water pump that seized so I locked the car and went for a shower, food and beer!!  The next morning we all had a quick look and while checking the clutch pedal noticed the crank pulley moving a good 1mm in relation to the clutch pedal.  The decision was then made to call recovery as I didn't fancy risking thrust washers falling out on the drive home.  Must be the latest RBRR car failure in history!  

At least you made it to the finnish Tim  :)

Like you say better safe than sorry, so I reckon not technicaly a breakdown.

Queeerie, did the Geordie ladds in the Yellow TR 7 make it round, did it stop missing, was it fuel related, !!!

and did the two in the 2.5 saloon get their heater to work.  be cold if it didnt get to work.
going home thru Blencathra, the intkake temp was reading  3  degs :-/

M

796 wrote:
Queeerie, did the Geordie ladds in the Yellow TR 7 make it round, did it stop missing, was it fuel related, !!!

and did the two in the 2.5 saloon get their heater to work.  be cold if it didnt get to work.
going home thru Blencathra, the intkake temp was reading  3  degs :-/

M

Yes we got round , it missfired all the way untill the severn bridge then it just cleared and was spot on for the rest of the event ,
Thanks for the help and the crack , We will be back might even be a 2 car team next time  :)

Good to know you made it round lads  :) and didn't give up (you were pretty pi**ed off at the time)

I'm guessing it must have been dodgy fuel the Jocks sold you and that you filled up again around the Severn bridge thus clearing the problem.

Either that or whatever was in your float bowls was eventually sucked into the engine.