Ok guys and ladies (well you never know)

Please email me your email addresses and car number, I am still waiting for full access to the contact details of the entrants, mainly due to a problem I am having with Google.

Once I have your email address I will forward you a PDF doc (or word/excell) that will enable me to build a decent spares list, I know it is some time off, but please help me help you as this takes a lot of sorting.
Thanks
Rob

bobyspit wrote:
Ok guys and ladies (well you never know)

Please email me your email addresses and car number, I am still waiting for full access to the contact details of the entrants, mainly due to a problem I am having with Google.

Once I have your email address I will forward you a PDF doc (or word/excell) that will enable me to build a decent spares list, I know it is some time off, but please help me help you as this takes a lot of sorting.
Thanks
Rob

ok guys, I now have full access to your contact details, Ill be emailing a form to every car in the next month (or 2) Ill add a cover note explaining the form and the idea behind the spares list, last RBRR event there were a lot who did not bother with the list, and a lot who wished they had!!

Its in your interest to carry spares, and you may need something that another car has got (and vice versa) so don't let the great event be spoilt by a faliure that could have been fixed if you or another had that spare.

Rob

Once again Rob will be doing a sterling job of supporting the RBRR entries
Please get your details in ,with plenty of time so he can co ordinate (not like Steve and Gaz in curtains)

If I make a bold suggestion.
If it has not suggested /tried before....

Those who are on  marshalling duties....if they carried a few basic spares in their boot,had a prepared spread sheet and signatory recognition sheet, they may have something there that a team may need
If there is and the part/spare is available with a marshal, then if required by a team, they either sign for that part or hand over a monetary amount to cover
Anything signed for could be sorted at the end of the event
For example if a marshal was carrying something basic like spark plugs and a team came in with such a problem ,it could be signed for or paid for ,to allow them a quick return to the event
If this is not a good idea please dismiss. This was only an idea

As an almost dead cert marshall this year, I was thinking along similar lines too Mike. I'm thinking of a jolly in the direction to Scotland, travelling in a Triumph obligatory - if so would have a boot full of spares pertaining to it aand plenty of tools anyway!

I don't know yet if Tim is gonna use me or not.  I think the Marshell's haveing spares is a good idea.  However the check points are only open for a limited time and with so many arriveing, two marshell's to do the check and signing of books their is little time for one to go to car and get parts.  If one calls ahead then the marshell's can have the parts at the table.   I would be glad to stock DollyRoo with parts but someone would have to supply them.  I can tell all that haveing a parts list can mean if you finish or not.  Cell numbers for each car can also be handy as the time we were following a Herald with doddgy tail lights, we called and got car fixed.  I hope all the new runners sumit any parts they will have and their cell number.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now is the time to give me your spares list.

Can I ask the Marshalls to give me an idea where you will be and what spares if any you will be carrying and the cost of the spares.

Rob

RBRRunners I require the following off you asap.

Entry No
Entrant/Contact Numbers.

Spares List.

Spares overflow & Tools.

Car Type and any engine modifications (IE running a 2.5 instead of a 2.0)

Thanks

Rob