2005 10CR Guidance Notes and entry from

Raider

The 10CR 2005 entry form will be in this month's Club Torque.  ;) 10CR 2005 will run from Thursday September 8th to Sunday 11th 2005. I will also be posting the entry form for download from here once the magazine hits doormats.

A few pointers for entrants.

Entrants should take into account, in addition to the admin fee, ferry costs (£120ish?) if you are starting from the UK, fuel costs (similar to RBRR), food and accomodation.

Ferry - advice is to book an evening ferry from Dover to Calais on the Thursday even though we will be aiming for a ferry around 3- 4 PM. If you have a later ferry booked it takes' some of the stress out of trying to hit a deadline and the ferry companies let you on an earlier ferry than the one you book anyway. The same reasoning applies to the return ferry. On the pioneer event there was a 900 mile thrash back through Germany etc to try and make the ferry - a later ferry will take the pressure off.

Accomodation - last time we got a deal on the ferry which included a cheap hotel room. This probably won't be the case this time. So - look to book accomodation around Nice-Menton area for the night of Friday September 9th. A number of us will look at camping, others I am sure will want a hotel or B&B.

The spirit of the event is one of adventure so participants will need to play an active part in organising their trip.

The route will remain "secret" until the start of the event at the Plough where marked maps will be issued. There is a distinct possibility that there will be entries from Holland etc so a rendez vous will be arranged if this proves to be the case and their marked maps will be issued at that point.

This forum is the place to learn more from each other and help solve any issues that arise.

10CR 2003 veterans - let's have a great RBRR and then help 10CR 2005 entrants with advice etc. I hope we recapture the fun and spirit of the original both on the event itself and with the on-line banter before hand via this forum.

8) 8) 8)

Great Ellis.

I do have a Michelin camping guide for france but there only seems to be one site that's suitable.

It's at Eze, called les Romarins but it does have  showers etc and a bar ;)

I haven't made any enquiries though.

I hope you can find some alternatives - I won't be doin anything else now as I have a week's business trip fllowed by a week's holiday. Then the RBRR is upon us.

;D

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, got a question for you - can I still sign up even though I don't have a definate co-driver yet? Jimmy Carruthers says he *might* do it, and if he doesn't want to I shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone else, but I'm definately planning on being there. :)

Cheers,

Chris.

Of course you can Chris - TBA will do fine for the co-driver :)

I will put a monthly update on the forum after the RBRR but as I am replying to this question I'll take the opportunity to list the entrants so far.

Car 1 TR7 Martin Randle/Mat Wilkinson
Car 2  Spitfire 2 litre Nick and carol Dawes
Car 3 TR7 Ellis Stokes/keith Compton bishop
Car 4 2.5PI Tim Bancroft/Daryl Stoner/Richard Arthers

• 4 weeks later...

Amended entry form - date has changed to take in the second overnight stop.

Now all we have to do is decide where it is.

We can use the Brian Clough form of democracy - let's all have a discussion on the appropriate thread (dates and route 2005), weigh up all the options and then I'll decide ;D

Archived