10 CR Entrants List

Raider,

Would it be an idea to list the e-mail addresses for all entrants to the 10CR. Be handy to be able to contact crews in similar cars to decide who can take what spares etc.
Also what about listing the mobile phone no.s just prior to the event so that crews can print off and take with them on the jaunt.

Just a thought.

Ok, I am back now so here's a few thoughts.

I send out a newsletter to all entrants by e-mail every couple of months (monthly nearer the time) so everyone will have the e-mail address of everyone else anyway.

The newsletter also includes the entry list with mobile phone numbers so that's already available ::)

Deciding who takes spares etc - I thought this forum was the place for that. If we start e-mailing each other off forum it will take something away from the forum which has been a major success.

Discussions on spares, who's teaming up with who, what music we will be listening too etc etc should be on here - it's all part of the fun. In fact by indulging in this and other banter it will feel like the event has already begun. ;D

I think I have covered everything unless I misunderstood of course ::)

Any other views?

Ok, I am back now so here's a few thoughts.

I send out a newsletter to all entrants by e-mail every couple of months (monthly nearer the time) so everyone will have the e-mail address of everyone else anyway.

The newsletter also includes the entry list with mobile phone numbers so that's already available ::)

Deciding who takes spares etc - I thought this forum was the place for that. If we start e-mailing each other off forum it will take something away from the forum which has been a major success.

Discussions on spares, who's teaming up with who, what music we will be listening too etc etc should be on here - it's all part of the fun. In fact by indulging in this and other banter it will feel like the event has already begun. ;D

I think I have covered everything unless I misunderstood of course ::)

Any other views?

Well on that front I would echo Keith's concern about spamming.

We could make it available only to CT members which would help but then it's not going to be any use to interested non CT members.

How about we start new threads on the 10CR bit which are car specific - along the lines of "for anyone with a TR7 interested in the 10CR", for anyone with a big saloon, anyone with a Herald etc. Would that suit you sir ??)

Sorry Raider,
I am not attempting to be a pain (However i am skilled at this!), but I think it is important attract Triumph owners to the event and therefore the Club, and obviously anyone new to this type of motoring: that is long distance endurance driving, must have queries.
Alright then instead of e-mail addresses why not refer anyone with queries to the forum, is there a direct link available? Why not have a 10CR section on the forum called 'Queries'
However I think that you should publish your e-mail address as you obviously know alot more about the event than anyone else. I would be happy to have my address published  to act as your deputy(I am Deputy Clerk of the Course!-Sorry I've just put my Gruppenfuhrer hat on again!).Obviously anyone within the Club can get your contact details from 'Club Torque', however not so easy for non-members.
It will get alot more intense from now on as the event starts to get near!
MY RBRR experiences were that it was mega busy just prior to the event- good fun though!

There is a link from the 10CR site to the forum already Tim.

I'll put some new sections in the 10 CR bit of the forum as well along the lines of the RBRR.

Re my e-mail address - it's not exactly hidden. Anyone who knows how to use the forum can PM me or e-mail me no problem, my name and address are on the entry form downloadable from the 10CR site, I am all over the forum like a cheap suit and people can even go on my blog too.

My ***, how much more does anyone need ::)

However, if you feel my e-mail address in large print on the 10CR site would help I'll even go along with that.

Surely we are dealing with adults tho - if people can't find their way round a dedicated 10CR site or the relevant bit of the forum what chance have they got of finding their way round Europe :o

Ok - I'll get down off my high horse now

Quote:
I'll put some new sections in the 10 CR bit of the forum as well along the lines of the RBRR.

Sorry, can't work out how to do it now :B

Then again, is it really necessary? The 10Cr bit says it's for anything to do with the 10Cr so if anyone has a query - post it up here

And dont forget other freelance co-drivers out there looking for a ride in a saloon.............

i am still getting some inquiries via my 10CR2005email address. i answer them and then redirect them to the relevent section in the forum. i dont get mind you putting it on the official site, if you'd like.

Dean.

Tim another new hobby is getting in the way of that for the moment, snowboarding.
And my wifes not too happy about being left at home to look after the kids.
And she keeps buying things which drains my hobby fund.

I very much liked the atmosphere in saloon crews, in 2003. And the chance to get my head down on the back seat would be appreciated.

Dean.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, there's the guy from Ireland - MaGlocks who i am confident will enter.

Then ther'es a hero in a Triumph based 2 seater kit car who ahs expressed interest recently.

Not forgetting those original 10CR2003 entrants who are still to place their entry.

I just can't wait for the event itself - it's going to be great

Archived