Dates for the 2007 10CR

Jason

Ahh the memories come flooding back.

Yes it was me (again) Greeks - the facilities in the cafe were of the squat and drop type. The story involves me as a child (no more than 6 or 7), a French holiday and my first solo encounter with said toilet facilities.

Coffee was indeed served in any receptical to hand, none of which actually had handles - I maintain it was a soup bowl, the dog's bowl and an ashtray. I'd have drunk coffee out of anything at that point.

As for the Stretch - you can't help but love a car in which you can lie down straight and sleep. It's a truly memorable monster - fit the spring Dave, I'll bring my party hammer and sort the sill. Maybe a second fuel tank (remember those Evian bottles of petrol!?) and some engine fettling and she's good to go. I can see the headlines now "Stretch Round the Ring" ooo err!

I'm in, if you're daft enough to do it, I'm daft enough to come along:-)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1157110282,s=41 date=1157278661]At least the car is staying in the Club- CT that is!

Carl- Buy a decent 4 door Triumph- A 2.5Pi![/quote]

Tim, I've already bought another decent 4 door Triumph ...... another Dolly Sprint  ;D

It should be on the road by next Spring ready for track days, Le Mans, 10CR etc

I'd love a Mk1 2.5pi one day though.

Blimey, shows I've not been paying attention on the forum lately - only just noticed this...

As Tim has already said, some "teaser" details will be in the RBRR road book, with the full details being published in November's Club Torque. I don't want to give too much away, but let's just say we're building on Martin's excellent work of the last two events. The big advantage I have is a dedicated team helping me... so if anything goes wrong, it's their fault not mine !!!  Only joking guys  ;)

Yes entry will be limited, purely because of potential restrictions at the stops (much the same as with the RBRR), but hopefully we won't have people disappointed.

Patience fellow 10CR lovers, patience...

Errrr no better as I've been dedicating time to the Bus and then did my back in last week so I can't even finish that - hence a trip to Moordales is planned next week.

To be fair, I doubt I'll be using it a lot more this year, so I may do the same as Raider and drop in the 16v unit, uprated suspension etc. and go from there - at least any money spent will be thinking of the future...

Might need some help with suspension braces etc. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1157110282,s=3 date=1157136298]The 10CR dates will be announced in 4 weeks time and the entry forms will be in the November copy of 'ClubTorque'.
[/quote]

Sept 1st + weeks is Sep 29th - so when is it?  If I've still got a driving license after the RBRR Scotland legs (*flash* - bugger was that another camera?) I fancy a go at it!

Malcolm.

Quote:
So, the 2007 10CR takes place in 2008 Tim???

Now that was funny Rumpith :D

The dates BTW, for all RBRR entrants were in the RBRR roadbook ::)

I am sure we will need all sorts of new threads for the 10CR - types of accomodation, who is sleeping in a kennel etc etc ;D

Archived