Dates for the 2007 10CR

Jason

I know its difficult sorting out accommodation and stuff like that but why do the numbers of entrants have to be limited. I think as long as people sort out their own accommodation ala 10CR '03 then...the more the merrier. The final evening could perhaps be a town/city square packed with Triumphs with participants ensconced in hotels, hostels or camp sites.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All,
The Spitfire Aces' advice, having done the Nurburgring, is not to.
At least not as part of the 10CR.

It is treacherous and unforgiving.  If you went there first, while fresh, perhaps, but not after 48 hours of near continuous driving as in 2005.
And not as part of a bigger event.  No one who made it to the 'Ring last time had to stay there, but it could easily strand you out there, however carefully you 'potter around'.

The Minis do a "Brands to the 'Ring Run", also for charity, I believe like the RBRR.
  No harm in nicking good ideas!

As Triumph should go one better, how about a Cadwell (the Mini-Ring) to the Real 'Ring Run?  Pleasingly, almost exactly 500 miles each way.

John

[quote by=Jason link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1157110282,s=19 date=1157194162]You want quick? The first 10CR was quick - absolutely no fannying around![/quote]

Yes the Stretch still displays the war wounds you inflicted as a result of you not fannying around. Those German tourists thought it was funny though. Oh and I wonder if the French authorities have tidied up that stretch of road where you decided to remove a good deal of street furniture?

If I hadn't seen the ring from the back of your government issue laguna I would have said you were being too cautious, but having been there and seen that and seen how some of the other buggers thrash around, I agree with you John.  The 'ring is no place to be fannying around in a touring car that still has 500 miles to do to get you home!  Caveat Conduire

any chance of having an indication of the itinerary beforehand to help decisions about entries?

jonathan

[quote by=canleyclassics link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1157110282,s=34 date=1157217206]Oh I give up, bloody puters[/quote]

It worked! Should we clean it up and go again? I'll repair my damage - we just need some facilities in there like a flush toilet and a 12v jacuzzi :-)

[quote by=Jason link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1157110282,s=36 date=1157218520]

It worked! Should we clean it up and go again? I'll repair my damage - we just need some facilities in there like a flush toilet and a 12v jacuzzi :-)[/quote]

I was thinking more along the lines of fitting that custom made heavy duty rear spring, a brake servo, collision avoidance radar, etc. Hmm, enter it again? Tempting. The old girl needs an airing.

Scrapman and Chinn you cheeky bu****s, you seem to be confused between 'enthusiastic' driving and trashing my clutch ! And anyway, I'd always wanted to do the Stelvio and it was my car so there  :P  (earlier on, showing those kids in their Impreza WRX how to really drive was just sweet, twice the power and no bollox hahahahahaha!) Another thing, how does my request to 'keep to about 70' on the autobahn equate to the actual speed you were doing while you thought I was asleep ? I think you may want to reconsider who was responsible for the most abuse  ;D

Seriously though the whole thing was just brilliant, I have no regrets whatsoever. I was so proud of the way my car performed throughout and would have you both as co-drivers any time  ;) It is with a little sadness that I will be selling LCG soon  :(, but the replacement will be even better !

[quote by=Raider link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1157110282,s=20 date=1157194845]
Still prefer the 03 event tho ;) [/quote]

It was madness. Utter madness, and i loved it....

A hoard of unshaven Englishmen piling into that tiny café in Louhans on the breakfast stop. The French owner and his wife in complete panic as they didn't have enough mugs to go around.......Classic, absolutely classic.

2003 report still online
http://users.pandora.be/themartins/10cr/10CRREPORT.htm
http://users.pandora.be/themartins/10cr/10CRREPORT2.htm

Dean

[quote by=GT6_Don link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1157110282,s=43 date=1157290858]

As for the Stretch, please do Dave.[/quote]

Don

Wing and prayer come to mind. When we got to Niece I shook my co-drivers hands and stated that we had already gone twice as far as I originally thought we would get, and we were only half way round.

[quote by=v8dean link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1157110282,s=44 date=1157329632]

It was madness. Utter madness, and i loved it....

A hoard of unshaven Englishmen piling into that tiny café in Louhans on the breakfast stop. The French owner and his wife in complete panic as they didn't have enough mugs to go around.......Classic, absolutely classic.

2003 report still online
http://users.pandora.be/themartins/10cr/10CRREPORT.htm
http://users.pandora.be/themartins/10cr/10CRREPORT2.htm

Dean[/quote]

I think I ended up having my coffee in what looked suspiciously like either a sugar bowl, or worse an ash tray, I kid you not.

[quote by=canleyclassics link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1157110282,s=47 date=1157349582]

I think I ended up having my coffee in what looked suspiciously like either a sugar bowl, or worse an ash tray, I kid you not.[/quote]

Yes ... I recall something along those lines. Things started to go a "bit strange" at that point. Either Jason or you (my $ on it being Jason) started to tell a story about getting caught short when in his childhood ... I think this was in reaction to the Lohans cafe's facilities  :B

Archived