Communal Spares - Please submit yours.

Right if any of you are already doing this and I'm stepping on your feet please tell me and I'll shut up. It's probably being 'officially' handled by the club and I've missed it being talked about :)

I'd like to compile a list of spares that 10CR participants have that they are HAPPY for others to make use of, either for free, or for a contribution. I'm not talking about your complete personal spares list, just things that you have possibly more than one of. Especially useful will be items that are a bit obscure but essential.

The list could include mobile contact details for each of the providers. The idea - quite obviously - being that if you break down and need a specific spare you can look at the list and find one quick like! The spares list could be printed off and given to each team at the start (I'm happy to do this).

So if you think this is a good idea, please PM me, or post here, or email me with your items (and mobile number, or means of contact if through another person) and I'll start compiling!

To start it off, here's a few I'll be taking along:

10 x BA15 bulbs for side, reversing, indicator lights.
3 x Stromberg CD150 Diaphrams.
2 x MK1 manifold gaskets.
6 x Stromberg to manifold gaskets.
2 Mtrs of 1/4" Fuel hose.

I guess theres no problem with entrants logging their spares here for compilation, have you checked with Ellis whether he already has similar plans? - My post was pretty much the same as yours, only I was just posting it for whoever wanted to compile the info - now as you're volunteering.........

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, ok the list is growing a little, but there MUST be more of you willing to list your spares for the benefit of other teams that get into a tight spot.

So, if you can, please send me (PM preferably):

- Item/Part Name.
- Part number if possible, but don't worry if you don't know or can't be bothered to look it up, I will.
- Your name or team number.
- Your contact mobile number.

I haven't scavenged posted lists from the other spares post, as I don't want to assume that someone's spares are for all to make use of unless I'm told as much.

Once this list is all sorted, Ellis will be handing it out at the start. Thanks in advance!

Hi all

I've asked Ben to co-ordinate this on behalf of everyone... I did have someone in mind to cover this task, but as Ben kindly offered and is just down the round from me, it made sense...

The idea will be to compile what everyone is intending to take, then circulate copies at the start so if you get in difficulties abroad and need a part, you can ring the appropriate person direct.

I will e-mail everyone so you have Ben's e-mail address. Can you please send him your lists asap so he can get the list sorted without delay. Please remember to include your name, mobile number and what car the parts are from !!!

Thanks Ben - I'll send my list over soon.

Kind regards

Ellis

• 2 weeks later...

My spares that I am taking for the TR7 are as follows.

2 x condensor
2x sets of ht leads
2x dist cap
2x coils
2x sets of plugs
2x sets of points
1 x rad
1 x set of front pads
1 x set of rear pads
2 x brake cylinders
1 x set of alloy wheels nuts
1 x set of brake lines
Thermostat
full top head gasket set,
bleed kit, socket sets, trolley jack, jump leads. misc tools
fuses, relays, bulbs
oil, water, brake fluid etc etc.

My mobile is 07956661913, if any TR7 gets into trouble, i Know there a'int many going ??)
sexysi

Well.. if you don't mind carrying it that would be useful. There were several people with alternator troubles on the RBRR so having a spare about would be good. We do have one Alternator (Dougs I think) on the list already, but it's useful having more than one item of such a common failure part. i.e. you might be closer to the person in trouble than he is, or vice versa.

Archived