10cr from a non triumph disciple

james9146

Great event with a great bunch of people. Must've taken a great deal of organizing by Ellis etc. Some of the best driving to be had and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Some of my favourite moments in chronological order... (hopefully I wont get burned at the stake after just joining for linking so many pics)

first fuel stop

3am

Italy/CH with James/Craig/Andrew in the 2000

Excellent, love the fuel stop one and the 3am one...

That was an odd 3am stop, we had just edged through some very thick fog on our own tomtom guided route, seen a wild boar (huge!), a Hare (large) and a Deer (quite small), then stopped in this 'ghost town' for a hot coffee from the flask. 10 minutes later 5 Heralds passed us, and the mad hatter guys beeped us (much loved by the locals I bet).

Hutch wrote:
Excellent, love the fuel stop one and the 3am one...

That was an odd 3am stop, we had just edged through some very thick fog on our own tomtom guided route, seen a wild boar (huge!), a Hare (large) and a Deer (quite small), then stopped in this 'ghost town' for a hot coffee from the flask. 10 minutes later 5 Heralds passed us, and the mad hatter guys beeped us (much loved by the locals I bet).

I remember that, middle of nowhere and there is a GT6 with its occupenents having a brew! At that stage I realised that Triumphs had taken over France...It was getting very foggy, some places were fine and then next dip was covered in thick fog/mist.
Mike & Libby

Yep the 'Curuthers' method works well -That must've been the only time he was lagging -That car can move especially well in the twisties.

The thick fog was a bit worrying -I think i was looking more at the tomtom for the direction of the next 50 feet of road than out of the windscreen.
Perhaps Ben, you could rig up some kind of infared-heads-up display Mercedes Benz style for next time.

I'm sure the locals were fine with the beeping -after all about 10 Juggernaut's thundered by during our coffee break and then there was the cacophony of Ben's six starting up...

Those of us with Satnav ignored the fog and used the display on the satnav as a HUD to keep on driving - who needs NVGs, if we'd had them we might have been frightened by what we saw - and boy did we see some big stuff run across the road in front of us, and even bigger stuff grazing at the roadside.

Archived