Lonely Scotsman left behind in Italy?

GTRoger

Turin is the right direction.

I'm not going over those big hills on a pushbike!

Now reached Nice.

Pink Lycra Guy is hot on my trail.

Don't know if it's the bike he's after or something else.

Tried to tell him that I didn't have any shortbread with me but he was having none of it!

McJim.

PS  Found the smallest pair of Speedo swimming trunks you ever saw lying on the beach.  Must be for a kid.  The name "Martin" was sewn onto the label. ;)

Quote:
PS  Found the smallest pair of Speedo swimming trunks you ever saw lying on the beach.  Must be for a kid.  The name "Martin" was sewn onto the label.

Bog off McJim :D

Don't walk past Barlick when you get back to the UK in about December - we don't need your sort round here you know :P

I should have said that you were totally blameless Mr P since you were following behind the Chinnmeister who when he saw me thumbing a lift indicated that he would be back in two minutes by use of his fingers.

I'd still be waiting if it wasn't for Pink Lycra Guy.

Currently sitting in the holding cells of Avignon Police Station charged with "removing a bicyclette sans permission".

They're very nice here and allow internet access and I've already seen my new cellmate, a very large bald chap in a vest with about a week's growth and a Mexican moustache.

He looks really friendly as he beamed at me with a broad smile when he saw me and I look forward to building a new Scottish/French relationship over the next few days.

I do hope he likes shortbread.

Speak to you all soon.

McJim.

I made some shortbread lastnight.. came in from the pub and fancied some, googled it, saw it only comprised 3 ingredients and took 30 mins so by 12:30am we had warm shortbread and a nice cup of tea!

Um... not that anyone wanted to know this, but you comment reminded me so I wrote it and now you've read it and can't unread it so there! ah-ha!

Dear All,

My large new French friend didn't seem to speak any English but was very concerned that I was cold and suggested, in sign language, that we share a bed to keep warm.

I tried to explain that what I really wanted right there and then was a black pudding supper.

By doing this in using my hands to show what a black pudding supper was my French friend got very excited.

When he understood that the only way he could get one was when I was out of the cell, he promptly grabbed one of the gendarmes, knocked him out and stole his keys.

However, I was a bit wary of the glint in his eye and could see that he had other things on his mind - I'm not stupid.  I'd heard that Scotland beat France in some game where balls were involved.  I'm sure that he was going to exact retribution, so I legged it.

Just by chance, I bumped into some Scottish supporters heading home.

They turned out to be a lost faction of the Tartan Army, who had passed over their tradional brew of lager / irn bru tops for a cheeky little Bordeaux - They still had half a 2000 litre cask in the back of the van!

Anyway, we're now heading north, on the run from Pink Lycra Man, Hairy Sweaty Vest Man Wanting His Black Pudding and the entire French police.

Soon as I reach foreign parts, England to you lot, I'll pop round to Tim's house and ask him if he forgot something in Aosta.

He's such a scatterbrain - too much latex fetish if you ask me!

Anyway, we're nearing Reims now.  I know its Reims cause I just saw Andy Flexney still going round in circles looking for Paul Darbyshire.

We lost Andy when he was taking us to find a late night petrol station there on the way down.  Unfortunately Paul elected to lead in his car.  "Follow me!  I have no idea where I'm going!"

True CT spirit!

That's the end of tonight's postcard from France.

Just going to settle down to an interesting concoction of Bordeaux, Irn Bru and Vimto.

Night, night everyone.

McJim.

Greetings from afar!

I say that as the ferry is about to dock.

Three nights out of it after Bordeaux, Irn Bru and Vimto and I find we're about to dock ........ in Morocco!

Oh great!

I thought I'd be home by now but my fellow Tartan Army friendlies have decided that that they want to pick up a "wee bit o' blaw" on the way home.

It's what you need to while the cold dark nights away in the wee but 'n ben in the glen through the winter but the rate (and direction) we're going, we'll see the winter out with a tan.

So, after Casablanca, it's Benidorm.

Cheap booze, cheap burds and cheap flights home.

Actually, I've nae money left but we reckon we can slip a few of us onto a Thomas Cook plane all the way home tae bonny Scotland.

Brings a tear tae a glass eye!

Still, if we get bumped aff at Heathrow, ma auld pal Tim is jist doon the road.

He'll no mind putting me and eight members of the Tartan Army up fur a couple a days till we get our drinking legs back.

Anyway, must go.

Wee Eck is about tae get lifted by thae Morrocan polis for trying to molest a camel!

Aw wee Eck's jist lonely, he says.  

He's missing his wee pussycat back hame in dear auld Glasgow.  Or I think that's what he said!

A nation of animal lovers - as any sheep will tell you!

Jings, crivvens and help ma boab!

Will let you know when we're in Staines!

"Hullaw there Tim, ma auld China!"

McJim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Quote:
OK, he did feel the need to bother a few "Southern" locals on the way up but nothing really worrying  

Actually, it was only a wee twat in a red Peugeot who thought he could block my death-defying overtaking manouevre after Land's End.

Theo, that brown stain still won't come out of the seat upholstery.  You bad Netherlander!

So the Beast of Bodmin drives a Peugeot 207.

Not very scary.

Jim.

So, the colour of exuberance is brown then? :)

Just received 14 safety camera tickets throught the post this morning.

Funny, they all seem to be when a certain Limburg resident was driving and I was asleep.

Wouldn't mind, but 11 of them are for the same speed camera!

Knew I should never have given him a hard time for not bringing any vlaai. :P

Jim.

Archived