Rejuvenating rubber window seals

daver clasper

Theres a product called Wurth Gummi in aerosol cans or with a sponge aplicator, they say it protects rubber and makes it supple, stops cracking, plus more.ive put it on my door and window seals it cleans them up well but weather it does any more  i dont no, have a look on youtube you can buy on ebay around £10 a can 🙂

I used a product from a company called Owatrol on the hood of my convertible as well as other plastic bits and windscreen rubber. It gives a nice shiny finish to the hood etc. but I can't confirm if it makes them more waterproof.

I can say it seems a bit pricey for 1/2 litre, especially as when I went to check the name just now I found that there was a small rip in the plastic top and the half tin remaining has now turned into a paste   So I guess a new tin this spring is needed. (mad)

Owatrol will be very well known to boat owners as it has many uses including...  Making "milky" fibreglass hull gelcoat shiny again, making marine enamel paint easier to apply and dry with less brush marks,  making traditional marine varnish more pliable and less prone to cracking,  acting as a coat-over-rust rust proofer,  sealing wood prior to varnishing, making weather-beaten old sailors more attractive to the opposite sex.....

Having said that, I've never used it on vinyls.

VW recommend a rejuvenating fluid to rub into rubber seals on the folding roof of the Eos.
It is called Krytox. It is not silicone basedIt is made by Dupont  
It is  very expensive-  but it really works-it rejuvenates and “plumps” up the rubber seals where they have become flattened and less resiilient and  greyish.
The VW stuff is  expensive++++ but you can get a generic Krytox much cheaper on line.
One brand from Manchester is marketed  under the attractive name of “slug slime”

Quoted from sparky_spit
Owatrol will be very well known to boat owners as it has many uses including...  Making "milky" fibreglass hull gelcoat shiny again, making marine enamel paint easier to apply and dry with less brush marks,  making traditional marine varnish more pliable and less prone to cracking,  acting as a coat-over-rust rust proofer,  sealing wood prior to varnishing, making weather-beaten old sailors more attractive to the opposite sex.....

Having said that, I've never used it on vinyls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XENU3Tu2CVw