What's the Diff?

smithy

smithy wrote:

Here - I would have thought that if cuckoo clock shite was going to be common anywhere, it would be Switzerland. No?

Actually no, said cuckoo pooh to produce a 3.27 of a somewhat more robust stature can be sourced from Mr Pearsons fine Emporium.

http://www.canleyclassics.com/searchforapart/?ptno=RKC2802

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

timbancroft61 wrote:
Stick with the 3.63:1-bloomin' lovely!!!

James C said it all.

20mph/1000 and good on the twisty roads.

No! No! No!  

You want to gear it for 35mph/1000rpm in OD top so you can get 50mpg on the downhill stretch of the M40!

Shame you will spend the rest of the day stirring the gearbox like a demented cook keeping the engine from bogging on the slightest incline or direction change.

smithy wrote:

Nick - you want this diff? I'm gonna go up to 3.27 I'm sure, so if Dave doesn't want it back in a swap or somesuch, you'll be welcome.
I'll be looking to swap it in about a months time I guess - it's not tall enough for me.

Yes please, when you are ready......  Old one still working, just whinging a bit (10CR might not help that....)

I occasionally think about a 3.27 (this in a Vitesse with a 2L and a 0.79 5th gear) as the car could definitely pull another gear at cruise - but I quite like blasting up mountain passes too and the 3.63 seems like the best compromise.

Nick

Cheers

Nick

Archived