Lost my flywheel, need a replacement...

Ben Hutchings

Greeting gents, thanks for the replies / greets, what a friendly place this is. The GT6 is still in the state it was a few years ago, body untouched, engine & gearbox out sat in front of the car on a trolley. There's LOADS to do on the car, but I think with the engine & box back in it could be brought up to an MOT'able rolling resto state over a couple of good weekends and maybe £500 in hardware / fluids. I've been messing about in and with a Mk3 Golf VR6 for the last year, getting my car-fix from that, but it's reached (again) the stage where I HAVE to either fix or sell the GT6. I can't sell it for a sensible price unless it's rolling / running ... and if it's running there's no WAY I'd choose to sell it. So hopefully I'll fix it, realise that the VR6 has nothing on the GT6 and ditch the Golf instead. Somewhere in that sentence is some logic  ;D

So... flywheel! Ok thanks for the suggestions, I'll give spitbitz and Colin a nudge. I have the early engine (man I'm so rusty now, I've forgotten so much about this beloved car!) so I think it's vastly different from saloon ones. I think. gah can't remember.

• 2 months later...