Connectors for Gearstick Overdrive Switch

Glenn

Can anyone help please?  I'd like to make a replacement cable for the gearstick but I don't know where to get the slim round connectors which plug into the gearknob overdrive switch.

Anyone know what type these are and where I might get some?

I see there are replacement gearstick looms on Ebay but they look like they are made with blue/ brown mains cable which has to be too thick for the job.  Hence prefer to make my own.   :-/

Thanks folks.

I'll try to get some of those mini spade terminals and give that a go. Although the Rimmer's loom sounds good value....

I do wonder if there's an off the shelf connector somewhere designed to fit inside a modern connector plug....?  I expect I'll just have to order up a few to try and see.

GT6_Don wrote:
As Lordleonusa suggests: Rarebits do a small harness all ready to go!

Canleys also do the harness, however it's a pig of a job to get the wires through with connectors on the end and I managed to break one of them off doing it >:(. It's really much easier to unbolt the gear lever from the car, take it to the work bench and make up your own harness. I used the mini speaker connectors, they were crimp type with insulation but I took the insulation off, crimped and soldered them then put some heat shrink tubing over the top. Then after threading the wires through the gear stick I added heat shrink tubing to join the two wires where they exited from the lower part of the gear lever and crimped two bullet connectors on the end.... Simples. ;)

Rust_Spot wrote:
Can anyone help please?  I'd like to make a replacement cable for the gearstick but I don't know where to get the slim round connectors which plug into the gearknob overdrive switch.

Anyone know what type these are and where I might get some?

I see there are replacement gearstick looms on Ebay but they look like they are made with blue/ brown mains cable which has to be too thick for the job.  Hence prefer to make my own.   :-/

I bought mine off Ebay and are top class infact i bought off Rimmer bros and they didn't last 5 mins as the connections were to big. The  guy i bought off is called Anglian Triumph and here is the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370121761869&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Steve

Archived