Herald 1360 Restoration

Curtis1360Barry

Hello Everyone
Me (aged 15) and my dad have been restoring a 1968 Triumph Herald 1360 with a SUNSHINE ROOF  :).
have got the interior and doors but couldnt find the pictures of when we got it off the trailor. just wondered if anyone has any hints that they dont mind telling me as this is mine and my dads first project. Have took body off and welded the chassis as it was rotten and i mean rotten. moving on to the rear brakes and suspension now. i will be uploading photos of the project tonight.
Thanks Curtis :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind's me of when me and my dad restored my Vitesse last year  :), i  was 18 then and it was a brilliant experience, learning exactley how your car was built and put together!  ;)
Wedgwood Blue really suits 13/60's i think, Good Luck with the restoration Mate!!!!

::) Jordan

Mate, that was exactly how I started out 20 years ago.  Enjoy it, the skills last forever - just helped a mate out by welding up his land rover defender door frames last week.  Good luck, and keep working, eventually you will get the desired result!

Hmmm.  I used to "borrow" my Herald 1200 when it was owned by my Mother.  When my parents went on holiday and I was left in the charge of my sister who was 5 years older and "busy" with her boyfriend, I, aged 14 used to take my mates down the pub in the Herald, get hammered and drive home.

Mind you, it was less illegal then it is now!   ;D

Happy Heralding!

Mark

1218 wrote:
Hmmm.  I used to "borrow" my Herald 1200 when it was owned by my Mother.  When my parents went on holiday and I was left in the charge of my sister who was 5 years older and "busy" with her boyfriend, I, aged 14 used to take my mates down the pub in the Herald, get hammered and drive home.

Mind you, it was less illegal then it is now!   ;D

Happy Heralding!

Mark

Wouldnt get away with it now haha

Good luck Curtis, your Dad and you have made an excellent start and the fact that you've got this forum off and running means you'll never be short of advice from the many Herald enthusiasts here who from experience of my own resto. provide sound and detailed advice. :)

That looks like alot of work, but seriously, good on you. Mine is in need of minor resto, but he car we got isnt in bad condition in the first place because me being 16 it needs to now be done within 6 months so i able to start driving it straight away, but, to echo others, it is really nice to see you saving a car and bringing it back to the roads, hope all goes well and your car look the cats pyjamas and the bees knees when you are finnish :D

4535 wrote:
Nice to no i have fellow teenagers (young adults) sharing the same interests in classics, as most teens now are just interested in all this modern crap

The surprise people get when they see a me (a 19 year old) climbing out of a 1968 Vitesse, is classic!  ::)
And then they get an even bigger surprise when they ask me a question about the car, and i start rambling on in full blown detail!! haha

Having driven modrn cars with power steering, Servo assisted brake, i honestly dont think i could ever go back to them! It's like you dont have any connection to road at all, after driving an old car. ha