GT6 Heated Seats

GT64fun

Winters can get pretty cold down here in Dorset and I find the heater in the GT6 not really up to the job of keeping the cabin suitably warm. Does anyone have experience of fitting heated seats and if so what donor vehicles have you found suitable to supply the parts. It will probably be OK once the weather warms up after April.

Regards

Ian F

you can get heater elements on ebay and other suppliers, but of course it would require inserting into your upholstery--not a bad idea if you need to do reupholster anyway.
for example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dorman.....1ZBUwkHp&vxp=mtr

Otherwise, Miata (MX5?) seats are popular, though they may need a little fettling to get to fit. I don't know if they have the heated seat option. Other seats tend to be too wide.

GT6 should be toasty inside.
Is the heater not blowing hot air?
Fan doing a decent job?
Any drafts blowing through the cabin?

Otherwise there are temp seat covers that you can plug in. Got one from Aldi for my daughter when she was using the Mini, £10, but I bet they are available lots of places (and deffo fleabay)

mine was quite chilly in the winter and snow back in the day. But, then again I had about 1/2 the interior installed and no headliner. Trans tunnel was loose....
Wish I had heated seats then. May do as I suggested above when I redo my seats.

I'm planning on this upgrade, I love them, open windows in winter and a warm bum!!
Things to consider - power supply, both wires and alt output, they are quite hungry in terms of amps esp when u will use when fan on, heated rear screen etc.... I put a bigger alt in for that reason. Plan to fit when seats recovered. Whenever that may be.
Tim.

OK so it’s time to own up.

My post was a little tongue in cheek, in recognition of the special date and if the TSSC can do ‘back to the future’ Stags and amphibious TR4s then why not have some April fun on CT.

Thanks to all who posted replies and you never know, perhaps someone will invent a GT6 that is actually cold enough to need heated seats.
Anyway it’s a credit to this fantastic forum that members pitch in to offer helpful suggestions, even to the silliest of ideas.

I promise to be more serious next time.

Ian F

Hi,
I put Volvo 240 seat heaters in my Spitfire Mk2. The only problem I had was it took a long time for the heat to work its way through the thick upholstery. On short drives they weren't effective. On longer journeys they were very nice to have.
                                                                                         Cheers,
                                                                                         Paul

Quoted from GT64fun
OK so it’s time to own up.

My post was a little tongue in cheek, in recognition of the special date and if the TSSC can do ‘back to the future’ Stags and amphibious TR4s then why not have some April fun on CT.

Thanks to all who posted replies and you never know, perhaps someone will invent a GT6 that is actually cold enough to need heated seats.
Anyway it’s a credit to this fantastic forum that members pitch in to offer helpful suggestions, even to the silliest of ideas.

I promise to be more serious next time.

Ian F

Lol, ooops!