Sheepy

hi all,

went to uk with my friend to look at a gt6 rally car, took it for a play (oops i mean test drive) anyway a bit of haggling and its now back over here with us.

it can be used as is, but he wants to titavate it a little, fix a few minor issues etc etc
one of the main things are the seats, they are sparco sprint junior's, (no longer made) but they are worn (the fabric, and sponge etc) so he has two options, look for new ones on the bay of evil, or recover these ones!
so that is where my question comes in, has anyone ever recovered their sparco's? do they sell refurb kits? (i have not yet asked sparco, but thought i would see on here)

thank you all in advance

shaun

just another thought, they dont have to be sparco buckets, as the regularity he wants to do, they dont need to be FIA approved

so he could use other ones, he was looking at a shop in uk, they list different small bucket seats, but list them as fitting mini, or mg midget, so dont know if they will be too big also!

the reason he was thinking of re-covering them is because they are uncomfortable due to being worn, and if its a 2 or 300 km route they need to be friendlier on older bones!  ;D

thats the problem Ted, wich ones fit in the car?

first work that one out then test sit in those, because you just know, sod's law you'll find a really nice one, then try it and it wont fit!

i also told him to look at the classic bucket style also, they are comfortable!

Very little fits a Spitfire /  Gt6 / TR6.

Nothing at all that is FIA approved, due to the stupid wings they now insist on.

Some of the cheap seats available can be very uncomfortable.

Try to find a decent set of 1500 spitfire seats (finding original Mk1 GT6 seats will be almost impossible, unless you can prise my old ones away fronm MikeyB :-) )

Other option is MX-5 as fitted by a few forumites.

• 3 weeks later...

I have these in my spit 6..........

http://www.sportsitz.net/cobra/roadster.html

they are are good fit,almost look like they were made to be there.not reclinable though but they do hold your body very well in the fast twisty bits.

can have them in various combos of trim too.