New project (1976 FHC)

Beans

A wheel that I've always liked and occasionally seen on the odd TR7 and Spitfire, is the Dolomite Sprint alloy. Probably the nicest alloy Triumph produced and would suit your orange car down to the ground! Very period! Would look best with spacers on the back though to fill the rear arches!

• 1 month later...

I received a letter from the Internal Revenue Office today.
It contained the official statement that the 1976 FHC was first registered 40 years ago on October the 6th of this year.
And as such it will be tax exempt from that date ...

• 2 months later...

Sadly haven't been able to work on the car over the past few months.
But as the car is officially 40 years old since last week (6-10-2016 to be precise), it's a good time to look back ...

As bought:

Dismantling almost complete:

Metalwork in progress:

Paint preparations & painting:

interior, trim etc.:

The initial plan was to finish the restoration by the time she turned 40, and thus being tax exempt.
But I abandoned that schedule well over a year ago. Initially caused by the paint preparations taking longer than planned.
But also by work that had to be carried out (or actually is still in progress) on the Defender I bought well over a year ago as my daily driver ...
Sure to be continued!

The car specific numbers (VIN number/colour/trim) are machined the rest is printed.
But it is one file and adapting that needs a bit of work.

Since I ordered the plate they sent a few updates as a result of which I lost access to the printing part of the file 🤔
As I am rather busy with none TR7 related stuff at the moment it might be a while before I get this sorted (dizzy)

Quoted from Beans
The car specific numbers (VIN number/colour/trim) are machined the rest is printed.
But it is one file and adapting that needs a bit of work.

Since I ordered the plate they sent a few updates as a result of which I lost access to the printing part of the file 🤔
As I am rather busy with none TR7 related stuff at the moment it might be a while before I get this sorted (dizzy)

I undertand that, my car is a long time in needing one aswell so maybe that will work out. Ill drop you a PM closer to the time!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At the closing of the year I am able to report some (slight) progress on the restoration, sorting parts for coating.
Almost finished the first batch, the parts that will be powder coated. Hopefully I'll be able to drop these of early next year ...

And started sorting parts that will be galvanised, including some spares for future use ...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Carried out some smaller jobs on the car over the past few weeks, like fitting new foam backing to the heater's flaps ...

Dropped of the heater's matrix to have it re-manufactured in alloy and with proper connections ...

Continued sorting through the parts that need galvanising ...

And cleaned the brake fluid reservoir while watching the Le Mans 24 Hours race ...