New project (1976 FHC)

Beans

After dropping of the interior parts at a local car trimmer yesterday ...

I went over to see how the body work was progressing.
Turned out to be going pretty well, as I picked up the car today for the next stage ...

Not bad, especially as it was only away for 6 weeks 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Thx Bob 😉

With the welding and panel work finished the car was again dropped of at Habraken Straalbedrijf for final shot blasting and coating with an epoxy primer less than two weeks ago ...

And today it was time to pick up the body, ready for its next stage, the paint preparations. And with all panels in one colour it starts to look like a car again. The pictures speak for themselves ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who follow my weblog, it is not all bad news as per tonight the first bit of the paint preparations was finished.
The roof is straight again, and despite looking pretty smooth when the body returned after shot-blasting, nearly 2 kilograms off filler were added to the cars weight ...

And within the next few weeks the decision for the definitive colour will be made. But it will be very close to the original Topaz Orange.

Also the carpets should be ready by the time I return from my holiday, thanks to fellow Dutch wedge owner "Cokat" ...

More progress on the paint preparations. The nose and rear light panel are straight too.
As with the roof, the nose panel seems prone to damage, as it too needed a fair amount of filler ...

The rear light panel turned out to be better as it hardly needed any filler to get it straight.
Only the spot welds for the box section that houses the boot lock are rather visible.
But as they are hidden by the licence plate, I decided to leave them in sight. Saves some time, and thus cost ...

And we decided to use one of the head lamp pods to test the chosen colour.
This will give a better indication of the colours shade ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...