Steel Wheels & FreeLander Studs

Anthony

They do fit. My project car has 12mm studs and is outside with the steels fitted ;)
Not sure on stud length though.

As an aside, if you intend using the std oval hole wheels with the plastic (or even gt6 alloy) centres, I *think* a set of ford alloy wheel nuts (the genuine ones with spinning washers) will act in exactly the same way as the std spit/gt6 nuts. Will need the lip which retains the spinning washer lathed off (tiny lip so one pass a nut I reckon) and then drill out the plastic centres to suit the nuts. It makes sense when you look at hem, honest! I suspect I may need to cut the studs down the length, I have mgf hubs/studs at the rear, and ford studs in the front.

uksnatcher wrote:
Standard Freelander studs, Weller steelies, 16 scrapyard chrome 12mm wheel nuts (off a Toyota) for a fiver and the Triumph plastic centers drilled out to squeeze over the nuts, fit great.  ;)

OK, just how many sets of wheels and tyres have you got?? I reckon at least 6 or 7 :)

I like those Weller wheels as well. Old school deep dish. Think I would have problems getting them to fit a GT6 M2 or Spit Mk3 especially at the rear because of the offset, maybe ok with a 60 profile. I have a set of the plain deep dish steel Dunlop's with 185 70 13. Fit the Vitesse and Mk3 spit (just) but not the Mk2 GT6. Must be down to the wider track with the rotoflex suspension?

Mark

I actually emailed Weller wheels today as they say they have new wheels in the pipeline one being the plain 5..5J steel wheels for the Lotus M1 Cortina. I have a set of what I think are the same Dunlop 5.5J deep dish wheels but with the Triumph PCD fitted to my car. My enquiry was that if they are producing the Lotus Mk1 wheel would they be able to drill them for the Triumph PCD. I know the plain 5.5 wheels are very rare for the Triumph so would be good if there was a new supply. I'll let you know what they say.

Mark

PM sent Bill (spitfire2500)

Sorry dont know the ET/offset Nick without measuring and cant get em off for a few days, heres a pic of the box without the info filled in  >:( :

Googling the part number 544 283 doesnt bring anything up, and assume the 12.05.04 is the date of manufacture or dispatch?

I am going over picking a set of the Weller 6J steelies up for Bill on Tues 21st, anybody else want a set while i am over there, he has a few sets left.

Set of 4 work out about 185.00 delivered, 160.00 collected from me in Bolton... (Retail price was 85.00 each...) send me a PM if interested.  :)