Spitfires with 5.5J Steel Wheels

Bainzy

cheers Dave, they look great. Are they on 175/70s?

Bradley, glad to hear you got a decent price for them. I managed to pick up a set of 5 needing refurb for £50, which is great for me as I can keep them in the shed until well after I've done spending money on EFI and I manage to get the free cash to do them up.

Producer is the company Mattig ( www.mattig.de ) or direct link to the wheels http://www.mattig.de/content/index.php?option=com_phpshop&page=shop.browse&category_id=ab2b0e8bbec775d5a1f82ea8710f7d00&Itemid=1
These are the only ones with a TÜV certificate.
Into the wheel Weller and Mattig is pressed.
Quality is very good.

Martin  

• 3 weeks later...

Well here's what I've ended up with. Sat high at the back in this picture as it had just been jacked up and hadn't settled yet:

No interference issues, but then my wheel arch lips at the front are very very slightly rolled (had to do this when using the 4.5J rims). Still doubt there'd be problems even if they weren't though. Car has 1" lower 330lb springs at front and 3/4" lowering block at back with new spring.

Handling wise the car feels a lot more solid, and visually looks a lot better in my opinion having wheels that fill the arches properly. Makes the car look less girly and more like a sports car.