Engine hoist loan - Cambridge

gfiandy

Hi,

Please does anyone have an engine hoist I could borrow preferably near Cambridge, probably for a couple of months by the time I have remove the engine refurbished all the parts and replaced it.

If you want to see the story of why see Engine Seized - help thread.

I will buy one if I have to but chances are it will just sit in my garage after that taking up space.

Many thanks

Regards,
Andy

I have one in Manchester you could borrow but too far from Manchester. I took my engine out without a hoist before once the carbs, exhaust is off its a lot lighter. Don't do it on your own like I did it leads to a sore back. I would not like to get it in  without a lift. You can hire them as well HSS Hire and the like.

Rob

Many thanks for the offer Rob but I think given the cost in time and money of two trips to Manchester I will either hire or buy one.

When you say don't  do it on your own is that true with a lift as well. I was hoping I would be able to do it single handed with the lift.

Regards,
Andy

Don;t know what all this fuss is about engine hoists. I have removed and refitted Gt6 engines MYSELF with nothing more than a crowbar and some wood.

Engine hoists are for pussies.

Al-right I have done that. Have also fitted truck springs. Bulldozer and truck diffs. Excavator tracks and thrown about 60 hp outboard motors all on my own in the past. But now at 55 ( Old git ) and with a wrecked back ( Not profession related ).

I now own an engine crane.

Laurence

2674 wrote:
Hi,

Please does anyone have an engine hoist I could borrow preferably near Cambridge, probably for a couple of months by the time I have remove the engine refurbished all the parts and replaced it.

If you want to see the story of why see Engine Seized - help thread.

I will buy one if I have to but chances are it will just sit in my garage after that taking up space.

Many thanks

Regards,
Andy

Andy
I have one and am in Cambridge. But cant let you have for a couple of months as I plan to swop the Herald engine out in a couple of weeks time. When do you need it? I think it will fit in the back on our estate car so could drop it round when you are ready to lift the engine out.
Other option might be to hire one but then for the same money you could buy one use it and then Ebay it!

cheers
mike