Mk 3 rear bumpers

Paulrobbo

Hi. I have recently bought a MK3 Spit which is all there and solid bar for the rear bumpers. It has had new floors, boot, inner and outer rear winds and cills, the engine runs nice and it just needs putting back together. Does anyone have any spare rear bumpers? Not looking for Concours standard but dont want to re chrome either. Cheap would be nice.  :) Thanks. Paul

I may bi in luck, by chance my Brother in Law bought two of the ones on ebay a couple of weeks ago for his 1500 but not sure if they are going to look right so I may have those and buy him a decent mki/1500 one. New ones are way too expensive. Thanks everyone

I bought new from a reputable supplier a few years back, and thought they were good until a mate pointed out that you couldn't see your reflection in them. I had thought them shiny enough, but he was right, the chrome was terrible. Good S/H ones may be the best option.

Went digging today in search of my old bumpers. Found them (they have holes in.. :-( ) but also found a box of other ones as well, think they must have come from a garage clearance i did near Norwich a few years ago. No recollection of picking them up!

So I got the chrome polish out.

Anyway, I have 2 offside rear quarter bumpers (1 excellent and 1 solid and straight with 40 years worth of patina in the chrome)

And 5 nearside, 3 with 40 years of patina, 1 with a small dent in the back and 1 where a repair (at the factory no doubt) has been polished through leaving a ring round the brass repair.

All shine up nicely. A couple have sheared bolts, most have the bracket still fitted so you can shear it off yourself!

I have photos of all of them if anyone is interested.

Offers round half new price for the excellent offside one and a bit less for the others.

If anyone is interested let me know

Cheers

Colin

Archived