remote brake servo(would it be worth getting one)

2500 est

just been looking around and got hooked on to this,would it be worth my while getting one of these fitted to my herald as im doing the whole brakeing system?  :-/

NEW LOCKHEED TYPE REMOTE BRAKE SERVO
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150972504832?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I really wouldn't bother. UNLESS you are unhappy with the feel of the brakes once set up correctly. Not a huge issue to add one later either.

herald brakes are good if working correctly, can be awful if not (and a servo won't help either)

Make sure you get the correct sized master cylinder (0.65 or 5/8) and not one of the landrover 0.75 bore ones that will make the brake pedal hard and feel dead. and get decent brake pads, asbestos ones are brilliant if you can find them.

I have a 1500 in my herald and I drive it like I stole it and I don't have a servo and I won't bother.
As Clive has said,set them up correctly and the standard brakes will be fine.
Servos just make less effort to push the pedal.
If your brakes are poo poo you can push as hard as you like,you can add a servo and still push as hard as you can.
The brakes will still be Poo poo !

2880 wrote:
I say go for it, I put one on my herald last year along with green stuff front brake pads. The brakes are now fantastic. Even the harshest of stopping can be done effortlessly.

ahh yes,effortless...i just dont want to hard like u do in a mini i had,that was a bugger on brakes with the same sort of system.
this y im asking about the remote servo to fit to the herald...my old toledo&dolomite i had where great and effortless under brakeing this wot im looking for not to push and push harder.

Brake servos are like Marmite - it's a question of personal choice. I have a servo on my Herald, because I spend a lot of time driving modern cars where you only have to brush the brake pedal. Changing between them and a Herald without a servo caused a few 'moments'...

As everyone has said though, if the brakes themselves don't work very well, the servo won't decrease stopping distance. Make sure you have good brake pads (Mintex 1144s, not Greenstuff) and properly adjusted rear drums.

have to say at £64 buy it now is a cracking price generally often well over £100

whilst it dosnt stop any better you will feel it does purley as the Oh sh1t is taken out of a rapid stop in modern traffic with far less effort
yes it a preference but once you have one there's no return hauling it up with size 10 stood on the pedal.
as Clive says make sure you have the correct M cylinder .

Pete