1300/1500 fuel pumps

sparky_spit

Can I just ask the question please... If I put a fuel pump from a 1500 engine, complete with any spacers that may currently be with it, onto a 1300 engine will it work okay regardless of whether it's long or short arm?

I guess the question really is, does a 1500 camshaft's fuel pump eccentric cam have the same amount of lift as a 1300 one?

Thanks for the offer Chris, it's appreciated, but it's a bit simpler than that. I currently have a 1500 in my Mk3 Spit that needs looking at and probably a hone, rings and new shells, etc - hopefully not a re-bore. So I can still use the car for rallies in the next 2 months, I'm going to drop in one of the 1300 small crank engines I have, so I can strip and rebuild the 1500 in time for the HCR in early April. It with then be nicely run in ready for the 10CR in Sept. That's the plan anyway...

I'm just making sure I have all the right parts to hand to make the 1st swap as rapid as possible. I think I can keep all the existing ancillaries attached to the car except the carbs and water pump (needs smaller pulley to match that on the 1300 engine) and was checking about the fuel pump as I'm not 100% sure about the long/short arms and application of the spacer. The current fuel pump is a newish good quality one, whereas I know that the ones off the 1300s are pretty old and would need a re-build before using them. I'm trying to "cut and paste" as much as possible to save time.

sparky_spit wrote:
Can I just ask the question please... If I put a fuel pump from a 1500 engine, complete with any spacers that may currently be with it, onto a 1300 engine will it work okay regardless of whether it's long or short arm?

I guess the question really is, does a 1500 camshaft's fuel pump eccentric cam have the same amount of lift as a 1300 one?

Yes...

Archived