Vclaricoates

Hi,
I know very very little about my car, in fact nothing mechanical at all. I am told by my local classics garage that I need new carbs for it. They don't know where to get them from as the channels they used to go down have dried up and I use rimmer bros for most my parts I've bought so far and they are the same, no idea where to get them from and don't have any themselves. Help, it's been sat not doing a lot for a couple of months now and I hate seeing the car idle. I was sold it on the pretence it was in good working order and mechanically sound...... They saw me coming!
Thanks in advance

I rebuilt my carbs a couple of weeks ago with a kit from Andrew Turner su-carbs.co.uk and they seem much improved, it wasn't difficult to do but if you didn't fancy doing them yourself a refurbed set is  Â£325 according to his website. Only brought the kit myself but happy with the service.
Cheers,
Floyd.

Many places sell refurb parts Bulen, Su carbs, carburetor exchange

All good suppliers,

cd150 on  your mk1 are pretty basic and utopia may not be achived but simple enough to get the basics running workable

have alook at buckeye triumps site , deals with different spec carb but excellant pictorials all relevant to any CD rebiuld
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org
pete

Thanks for all the replies. I am based in Lincolnshire and I'm sure I was told that they had strombergs in and that su's it slightly too high under the bonnet???
The car will run but it's just not pretty, it will cut on on occasion but once it's been running a while it's usually not too bad,

Thanks all

Quoted from Vclaricoates
Thanks for all the replies. I am based in Lincolnshire and I'm sure I was told that they had strombergs in and that su's it slightly too high under the bonnet???
The car will run but it's just not pretty, it will cut on on occasion but once it's been running a while it's usually not too bad,

Thanks all

Sounds to me like they just need a good service and tune. Should not be to bad, and if in doubt Andrew Turner carbs is only in Grantham so not to much of a trip I would assume from Lincolnshire.

i'd never touched a carb before I rebuilt mine, got a rebuild kit from Andrew turner as advised above. Spent a lot of time cleaning, its amazing the dirt you get of something that looks clean to start with. and rebuild in reverse. lots of pics along the way helps as does only do one carb at a time.
can always get someone to rebuild later if you mess it up, but what you learn, and the satifcation you get when it works is immense! I did the same for the engine but I did have someone watching me for that one.

good luck and have a go.

tim.