Wheelbarrow exhaust pictures please

John Bonnett

8735 wrote:
Looks similar fit to mine regards the rear cans...

Must say, I like the rear most mounts for the cans - very neat.

I would swap out those clamps for some full stainless (W4 type) ones by Mikalor.... They look sleeker if nothing else  8)

Those clamps look really nice Steve and I'll bear them in mind. But for the time being I'll stick with what's on because in the finish if there is a ground clearance problem the system might get binned.

Hmmm.....shiny shiny  :) (oh, and never too loud)

John - I dont have any clearance issues..... I'm running 1/2 inch block on the rear and lowered front springs, also 14*5.5 rims with 185 tyres (extremely close to same rolling radius as stock 13" rims)

Not sure what you have susp'n-wise

Maybe I'm not trying hard enough to notice lol

7378 wrote:
This is what I've got fitted, I did use Mikalor as they are far better than the standard clamps you get, clearance is good although a bit on the loud side 8)

Hope this helps

Looks really nice. Having just gone through the exercise myself I know how much time and trouble you have taken to achieve such an impressive result. And the clamps do add class to the job.

In fact I've been really impressed with all the photos that have been posted.

8735 wrote:
Hmmm.....shiny shiny  :) (oh, and never too loud)

John - I dont have any clearance issues..... I'm running 1/2 inch block on the rear and lowered front springs, also 14*5.5 rims with 185 tyres (extremely close to same rolling radius as stock 13" rims)

Not sure what you have susp'n-wise

Maybe I'm not trying hard enough to notice lol

Standard springs and front adjustable ride height Steve. Our lane is not in good shape and that's where we might have a problem.

3141 wrote:

Looks really nice. Having just gone through the exercise myself I know how much time and trouble you have taken to achieve such an impressive result. And the clamps do add class to the job.

In fact I've been really impressed with all the photos that have been posted.

Yep they can take a lot of time but for sure the results are worth it. My Spit is back in storage now and won't be out again for the next 12 months as I've started a new project. It's a chassis based vehicle again but a little older and a lot more basic. ;)

I also have a 1/2" lowering block on the rear spring but also fitted Gaz adjustable shocks all road, the front being height adjustable as well, which allowed me to balance the car up ride height wise really well.

For sure there are some great photo's on this site, as these cars love having their pictures taken  8) 8)

And i agree with Rob, i also used the regular exhaust clamps before and as my car is a bit lower at the front the clamps could hit some stuff  :-/

So then heard about the Mikalor clamps, you can get them very tight and also they don't take up much room !
Tested it at my friend his garage, it always scraped the ground on that one big bump..
After that nothing anymore  ::)