Wheelbarrow exhaust pictures please

John Bonnett

Despite the styling changes my car is the same length as standard but the silencers stick out by at least 4 inches too much.

The diff mounting bracket for the exhaust incorporates the clamp holding the Y piece to the straight pipe. It looks as if the Y piece needs moving forward and this would necessitate an additional clamp.

So if anyone has a picture of the underneath of their car showing the position of the pipe joints I would be grateful.

Thank you.

796 wrote:
Here ye go John,

And, whilst yer  Tinkerating, this is a good mod I did,
stops the rear end gett,n all sooted up.
Also stops yer  rear end fill,n up wid water when its raining,
like the OE WBs doo

M

Thank you Marcus. I really like the way you finished the tail pipes. A nice touch and as ever well thought out.

Couple more showing tail pipes at rear... These are just the standard stainless type that I think all the suppliers sell.

The back boxes are a couple of mm from the rear x-member, so cannot go further back - would have to modify the 'tails' if want shorter

Right, well after a lot of messing about I've got the exhaust and silencers mounted as high as I possible can. They still hang down farther than I would have liked and if they do present a problem with ground clearance they may not stay on the car for very long. I managed to retain the diff mount on the straight bit of pipe before it branches into the Y so that was a bonus.