Amazing panel skills

Matt Neale

I don't know if this has been posted before.  I came across this thread from a post on pakwheels.com.  This guy can really use a hammer.  It's worth persevering with the thread.  As you see the panels start to take shape it's amazing. Just keep going from page to page.

http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i-y-projects/199291-rebuilding-triumph-herald-63-original-convertible-my-son-spitfire

Hmmmmmm.
Must be my firewalls etc.
Went to the Pakwheels site, and it has apparently high log-in standards.  Anyone can read posts here on the CT site, but Pakwheels wants you to register, email address and all.   No offence, but I'd rather not to a previously unknown site in Pakistan.

You who have been brave enough to go in - why not PM the guy and invite him to come and post here about his car?
John

No probs with Firefox browser John.

But I tll ye, get there and have a look,
I would not have thowt it possible to make a floor, boot, and NOT to be able to tell the difference to an OE item
and thee,s things been done with a Hammer and Chisel,!!!!!!

truely amazind what hes done with a hammer.

he wants to sell em on over here, make a fortune for stuff that good, and that thick a steel too.

M

Some of these old skool guys have amazing skills, I once observed a Cuban Gentleman make a new wing for an old car from scratch, and he used the kerb stones to shape it! That was as good as it got until a few months ago when my Dad, who was a coach builder for Ribble buses back in the 70s, was searching the garage for the dolly set. He couldn't find it and walked off up the drive with the metal for the Stock Car's new bonnet and some hammers. He used the telegraph pole to shape it, and then for the edges used the garden wall.

When he came back all he said was "Look at the poles outside my old depot and now you know why there are chunks out of most of them." Pretty cool. I wish I had such skills.